Adjusting Shift Lever, And Yes, Screwed That Up.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
So, didnt think I was that strong, but broke the linkage from the shift lever to the shifter. Now I need the linkage, both nuts, and one ball and socket connector. Does anyone know if I need special tools to replace the ball and socket adapter on the shift lever itself? And does anyone have parts? Otherwise will be looking online. Craaaaaaaaaaaaap!
Quick online search shows I need gear shift link rod, gear shift link rod nut, but do I have to buy the gear shift lever assembly? I dont see the part for the ball and socket adapter only. Grr!

Link to view parts
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/suz/506b61c2f8700235b87689f1/gear-shifting

Last edited:
Well first off just FYI, the threads on the linkage are reversed, on one end.
Second the ball does not come off, only the black boot.

Joy, thanks John. Looks like I am buying the entire shift lever. Got anything laying around for Gen 2? Need the above parts.

Not that is for a Gen 2,,, Sold off all the parts, after i never replaced the Yellow one!

I found this junk in a box. Look like anything you need?
20170427_100814.jpg
20170427_100800.jpg

I don't have the lock nuts for the linkage.

I found this junk in a box. Look like anything you need?View attachment 1572503 View attachment 1572505

I don't have the lock nuts for the linkage.

That looks exactly like what I need. I think I see a nut on the rod at the shift lever, I have the other one. What would you take for it? I have one place locally I was going to call and see of they had it in stock. I want to ride this weekend!

OH, and HUGE shout out to nosbig for getting my butt back on the road. New shifter and lever rod fit perfect and I will be riding tomorrow! Thank you nosbig, I sincerely appreciate the help.

Glad your back on the road. Sorry you didn't get it in time to ride last weekend.

Back