Key West Trip

Getn off

Registered
A couple buddies and I decided to head down to Key West for a day. Came from the Orlando area and went through the middle of the state via back roads. Great ride. 320 miles each way. Took an easy 7 hours and we just camped for one night, drank a bunch of beer, and headed home the next morning.
Good times. Still can't get over how comfy this girl is.
First trip with the Givi bags. Went well until the construction zones! Tapped a couple markers with the left one! Sure does have a big azz with these on! Tons of room in them. Not sure if I will need the top bag that I was planning to get.
Troy

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lose those steamer trunks....o_O. The Busa is a slim girl, very aerodynamic and hates baggage. The longest I've been out was thirteen days and all I had was a 22" tail bag and a small tankbag. :)

Oh damn man! I clicked on this thinking you were organizing a group ride! Glad to hear it was a good ride for ya. That last span of bridges is a good ride by itself. Are those Q3s???

Last edited:
Lose those steamer trunks....o_O. The Busa is a slim girl, very aerodynamic and hates baggage. The longest I've been out was thirteen days and all I had was a 22" tail bag and a small tankbag. :)

Well, u are more a man than I! I need my chit! Wearing my vest and hot weather gear. Need to pack rain gear and cold weather gear...it's spring in Florida! I actually love them. Just have to get used to the width. She rode very well and obviously couldn't tell they were there!

I am always down for another ride there. Let me know! Yep, Q3s. Absolutely love them.
Troy

I "need my chit" too, riding from sea level to 11,000'. Learning how to pack efficiently is quite beneficial.

I want to make it there one day! I rode to Georgia state line 3 weekends ago and then jumped on A1A south. I rode it down to Daytona and then came home in the Tampa area. Took me 13 hours with all the stops. I want to pick A1A up right where I left it and ride it to the keys.

A1a from the port south to vero is a pretty good ride too.
Let me know if u wanna go sometime. I'm always game for another trip!
Troy

Back