Red F1 Light Stays On ......

eoh

Registered
Greetings all,
I have a 2014 Busa that I just installed a Power Commander V on. Also Put a full Yoshimura R77 on as well as a K&N air filter. Can not remember if the F1 light stayed on before or not. I am assuming it didn't. But it stays on now. Anyone out there have similar issues and what is a fix if one is known? Thanks in advance!

Typically when this happens, it's a sensor not plugged in. Check you connections under the tank. Did you plug your O2 sensor connections?

A PC V doesn't run with the stock O2, there should have been an O2 eliminator plug in with the PC, you plug that into the bike's main harness where your original stock O2 used to plug in . . . and leave the stock O2 disconnected if you still have it . . .

A PC V doesn't run with the stock O2, there should have been an O2 eliminator plug in with the PC, you plug that into the bike's main harness where your original stock O2 used to plug in . . . and leave the stock O2 disconnected if you still have it . . .
Yep, PC had the item you are talking about and I connected everything the way it said to. Stock o2sensor is in the Yoshi and NOT connected to the harness. Thanks for your reply too!

Yep, PC had the item you are talking about and I connected everything the way it said to. Stock o2sensor is in the Yoshi and NOT connected to the harness. Thanks for your reply too!

Jump out the white diagnostic plug under the seat, start the bike, let us know what the code is reading on the instrument panel . . .

Jump out the white diagnostic plug under the seat, start the bike, let us know what the code is reading on the instrument panel . . .
Copy that. I will not be able to do that until Wednesday morning. Thanks for the advice and I will post the results.

The code I received was C-14, which is the throttle position sensor. Since installing the PC, I have noticed about a half second delay from the time I crack the throttle till it actually throttles. Odd, since there was never any issues when it was still stock. Maybe it is a common issue? I have thought about putting it on a Dyno to have the PC fine tuned. I have some popping going on as I down shift. Suggestions? It is plenty fast enough as is, so I am not looking to milk out more power. Just want to get it running smoother.

To be honest Shawn, I have no idea what" plugging the pair system" even means or I would give it a shot. Ill have to do my research on that....

Check your connection on the TPS wire for the PCV. The connector that Dynojet provides is a POS. If that is not the problem remove the PCV and see if the problem goes away. Dynojet makes a decent product but they make lots of them and it is not odd to have a bad one out of the box.
Look up marble mod for plugging the PAIR.

To be honest Shawn, I have no idea what" plugging the pair system" even means or I would give it a shot. Ill have to do my research on that....

The pair system is an air pump that pumps fresh air into the exhaust system for your catalytic converter. Which you no longer have. There are several different ways to accomplish this. You can buy the block off plates and remove the pair system. You can also buy a special cps that you put on your air box and slide the hose over that preventing the pump from getting air. Or you can do like I did and raid your kids toy box and cram a marble in the hose and put it back on the air box.

Calibrate the TPS setting in your powercommander software. Make sure it shows "0" at idle and "100" at full throttle. That is the first thing you should do . . .

The pair system is an air pump that pumps fresh air into the exhaust system for your catalytic converter. Which you no longer have. There are several different ways to accomplish this. You can buy the block off plates and remove the pair system. You can also buy a special cps that you put on your air box and slide the hose over that preventing the pump from getting air. Or you can do like I did and raid your kids toy box and cram a marble in the hose and put it back on the air box.
Lol......a marble it shall be sir. Thanks!

Check your connection on the TPS wire for the PCV. The connector that Dynojet provides is a POS. If that is not the problem remove the PCV and see if the problem goes away. Dynojet makes a decent product but they make lots of them and it is not odd to have a bad one out of the box.
Look up marble mod for plugging the PAIR.
Thanks mjl3truck!

Have you plugged the pair system? It won't help with you F1 light or your hesitation, but might fix the decel pop.
Just got around to finally doing the marble mod. If it helped, it is not much. Any other ideas or is it just a part of the process when making mods to a stock bike. Thanks in advance. Really appreciate the help.

Back