Finally.........after A Lot Of Waiting Around For Parts She Is Finally Having The Supercharger Fitte

Fitted an EK chain to her Friday (supposed to be tested up to 500bhp) and had the digital gps speedo fitted to her too. Bit difficult to read the speedo coz of the angle it's set at so getting a bracket made to tilt it towards me but seems to work ok. English weather was crap at the weekend so only had a quick blast on her to bed the chain in but going to fit the quick action throttle back on coz I miss it, that should make life even more exciting than it already is . The way she picks up speed is nothing short of amazing, especially when you crack the throttle open at around 150 mph, she just leaps forward and the rest of the world goes into reverse. I haven't fully checked yet but I'm pretty sure she also doubles as a time machine and when I get back of my ride I'm sure I look younger, which is what happens at the speed of light right :bounce: :race:

Rained all weekend here in my little corner of England so no playing out for me so nothing to report sorry :(. It's supposed to be ok this coming weekend so fingers crossed.

Well, it was the first day of spring in England on Monday 20th March and today on Wednesday 22nd of March, its snowing!!! So much for keeping my fingers crossed for good weather for this weekend. :banghead:

Well Steve, the forecast for this weekend is not too bad so hopefully I will get on my favourite road and do some low level flying, got my gps digital speedo up and running so we will see :race::crazy::bounce:

Well, I got out on her on Saturday, weather was fine and 14 degrees C. Slight tail wind behind me and hit 207mph on my digi speedo before I thought..poop...there's a roundabout approaching at err......207 mph :lol:, so shut off and braked....hard...lol. In fact I would say that since I got her supercharged that's been the biggest change to my riding style, I have to brake a lot sooner and harder than I did so going to have to keep an eye on pad wear.

Don't ask me about mpg, I don't know and I frankly don't care, it is what it is, suffice it to say she's thirstier. I always remember when I had a K5 Gixxer 1000 and people were asking on forums what MPG people were getting, my response was always, looking for MPG, get a Honda 50 :lol:.

Tyre (tire) wear seems to have significantly increased with both front and rear needing new ones, they looked fine 3 weeks ago but now on the wear limits so will make a note of the mileage when I change them and see how long they last, I don't expect they will last long tbh but time will tell.

Am I enjoying her...on a scale of 1 to 10.......... she's a 15. Do I have any regrets, yes, I regret that I didn't do it sooner :bounce::crazy::race:

That's so great to hear. So often people mod bikes and then realize they don't really enjoy the bike as much as they used to. Sounds like you're having a blast and that's what this is all about!

That's so great to hear. So often people mod bikes and then realize they don't really enjoy the bike as much as they used to. Sounds like you're having a blast and that's what this is all about!
:beerchug: Willie and oh I'm definitely having a blast, I haven't grinned this much for a long time. :bounce:

When you stay off boost, for as far that's possible, milage will be oke. But who cares, only thing to worry sometimes is where the nearest gasstation will be. Average on the Bking i guess somewhere around 25mls/g. With a 4.2 gallon tank you frequently have a break. Believe it or not but my last rear tyre last over 6000miles( Avon Storm 3D 200/50) . I got thje supercharger for over 4 years now and every time i open the throttle i got smashed by the phenomenol acceleration. Supercharger or turbo, it's worth every penny. Save some money instead off switching to a newer model bike and go for the ultimate!

When you stay off boost, for as far that's possible, milage will be oke. But who cares, only thing to worry sometimes is where the nearest gasstation will be. Average on the Bking i guess somewhere around 25mls/g. With a 4.2 gallon tank you frequently have a break. Believe it or not but my last rear tyre last over 6000miles( Avon Storm 3D 200/50) . I got thje supercharger for over 4 years now and every time i open the throttle i got smashed by the phenomenol acceleration. Supercharger or turbo, it's worth every penny. Save some money instead off switching to a newer model bike and go for the ultimate!

:beerchug: Kees, we aren't to bad for gas stations dotted here there and everywhere in England, I would say we aren't more than 20 miles from one on average so that shouldn't be a problem :D. And I know what you mean about being smashed every time you open the throttle :crazy: and def worth every penny. The guy (Andy from Junction 33 dyno centre) who did mine has a Kawasaki H2 on the dyno now but he doesn't think it will make anywhere near the 325 bhp mine made :bounce: and like I said once I get the new tires fitted we will se about milage but I'm heavy on tires, only getting on average around 1200 miles to a rear, that's going to go down for sure lol:lol::race:

Very impressive! Some day i will follow suite here. I can justy imagine you grinning from ear to ear after 200mph pulls. Please be safe though on public roads!

Very impressive! Some day i will follow suite here. I can justy imagine you grinning from ear to ear after 200mph pulls. Please be safe though on public roads!

Thanks Art and Topgun and thank you for the be safe too:beerchug: . I have a road I use for top speed runs that used to be a railway line but got converted into a road when a guy called Dr Beeching under instruction from the then Conservative Government in 1965 decimated the British Railway system with massive cuts to lines and stations but, every cloud has a silver lining, because the road I use has long straights and banked corners with very few junctions (non on the long straights) and very little traffic so makes it ideal for top speed runs. Also, in the years I have been using this road, I have yet to see a cop on it :super:

Just in case anyone is worrying with no post today on the weekends riding.....I didn't get out although the weather was good, the reason....man flu :rolleyes:. Although I wanted to go for a blast on the beast I'm old enough and wise (maybe) enough to realise I need to be on top of my game for the kind of riding I like to do so...common sense prevailed and I stayed in but I did get a bit of a bike fix, I watched World Superbikes on TV Saturday and Sunday and British Superbikes too :D

Andy at J33 dyno centre who did my bike has a Kwacker H2 on the dyno (waiting for parts atm) He ran it stock and it made 195 bhp, he thinks it will make around 240 bhp once it's done, wtf, just buy a brand new Busa and spend the change supercharging it for 85 bhp more :lol:He had another H2 booked in but the owner has changed his mind coz it's too fast already so he's going to sell it instead and buy something slower :crazy::laugh:

Back