Eureka Springs 2017

RedBusarider

Registered
Is anyone going to ES this year?

I've been waiting for a posting to show up as it would be about 10 weeks away.

I hope that all interest in ES hasn't gone away. I know it was a very small group last year,
because some had to cancel - including me. This year I have every intention of going there.
I just hope I'm not the only one.

Dates should be June 1-4 plus or minus a day depending on when anyone can get there.

I have wanted to go to ES for years- but I am limited by vacation time. I hope it goes! Good luck and enjoy!

hope you have fun red... did you see HIH set in Poconos mountains this year?

hope you have fun red... did you see HIH set in Poconos mountains this year?
I sure did.

Here's my story:

I bought a Motorhome last Fall. I have had enough of not riding for 5-6 months or more every year where I live.
My goal is to Snowbird in a much warmer climate starting late this year. When you purchase a MH for the first time there are lots
of things to learn and lots of things to purchase that are unique to camping and life on the road etc.

SO - Believe it or not I booked my stay at the campground 1½ miles away from where everyone else stays (Point West Motel) in December of 2016. I had to cancel last year. So I will be there this year, just hope it's not alone.
Hence my starting this posting - wondering if Eureka Springs was happening this year.
After ES I planned to stay 2 nights at another campground on my way back home. THEN I found out that the other motorcycle forum I'm on was having
their National Rally the week after. So instead of spending only 2 nights at the campground I signed up for, it's now 6 nights. Then I will be going to that
rally for another week. This will save me around 1200 miles of driving vs. going home and then returning close to where I already was . Everything mentioned has been booked and paid for (except food and fuel etc.) before you set the date and place for this years HITH get together.

Unfortunately for me, you picked the meeting place for HITH on the opposite end of PA from where I am.
I'm also not sure how it would work for me bringing my home with me. First, would there even be room to park it and second would I pay you to sleep in my MH?

I hope you don't think that I wouldn't love to get together with you all. I would.
It's just that I may be low on funds and I need to save for my Winter Escape too.

Here's my Motorhome - Ready for it's winter nap.

Did I mention there is a motorcycle lift on the back? If only taking one bike somewhere I can
leave the trailer behind. But for the trip mentioned above I will have two with me so I need to use the
trailer. It's nice to have a garage with you at certain times too. I can also carry my No-Mar in the trailer
just in case - not to mention other stuff........

P1050643_zpszg07767t.jpg

ZRXOA will be there May 3rd through 7th This group I have been with since 2004 , and about 20 plus trips to ES . Ill be there on my Hayabusa. so you guys/gals are welcome to make it a dual bike/brand rally . Many FZ1 owners have came to join us , but the V maxs sure dis like us lol .

ZRXOA will be there May 3rd through 7th This group I have been with since 2004 , and about 20 plus trips to ES . Ill be there on my Hayabusa. so you guys/gals are welcome to make it a dual bike/brand rally . Many FZ1 owners have came to join us , but the V maxs sure dis like us lol .

The ES Hayabusa get together has always been (as far as I know) just after Memorial Day each year. Years ago there was also a Fall meet - but no more.
So even though I would like to me you and others I can't justify going May 3-7 and then again June 1-4. My reservations are in place for the June dates.

Lucky you - you've been there 20 times! TX to AR is a lot closer then the distance I have to travel to get there.
So let me invite you to the BUSA meet on June 1-4 since your so close.....

This will be my FIRST time to ES. It will be nice to actually ride the roads and see the sites instead
of just reliving the experiences of others through pictures.

I'm 685 miles door to door one way . Just be careful as there are some real areas to get into trouble . Watch for deer too :)

This use to be a Big MNG for a lot of people , seems to me that everyone has been too busy or just lost interest . I looked forward to this every year but it sucks when there aren't that many people . Sad I tell yah .... I might still ride down on my Harley just for the ride . Time will tell

My new job just doesn't allow me to have the vacation time I use to have. We definitely miss the great times in Arkansas.

Only 7 weeks till I'll be in Eureka Springs. :banana:

No one else is going to be there ?

What ever happened to Semi? :popcorn: I know he was usually the one in charge of getting everything going.
But I haven't seen him on here in awhile. I hope I didn't step on his toes. I only started this because I
made my plans last year and hadn't heard anything and was thinking it's time to get something started to give people time to make plans.

I certainly hope that Eureka Springs hasn't lost it's spot as a great destination to ride some of the better roads in the country. :race:

Ill be in es may 4th through to 7th

Man I wish I was rich enough to do 2 trips there. Would like to meet you and have you show me around since you've been there so many times.
My fear is I will be alone and have to guess which way to go - maybe missing things, if I would have only turned the other way?
Maybe next year I won't plan anything until the last minute and just take may chances at getting into a campground close by
provided it's not like this year and no one is planning on it besides me.

But for this year, plans are already made.

I know you guys down South don't ever have to worry or think about freezing temps at this time of the year. But we (in MI) are not out of the woods yet
and guaranteed no more low temps, at or near freezing. Memorial Day is when we are out of the woods till next winter. So I haven't even de-winterized
my Motorhome yet.

I know last year was a pretty low turn out for riders. IF I hadn't broken my leg I would have been there.
It just seems everyone has an excuse as to why they can't come or commit to coming. I know life gets in the way sometimes.

IF anyone is interested I'll be there May 31 - June 4th. :race:

I won't be able to make ES this year.... I'll miss it after making the last 3. The roads are great, better than Colorado.

Back