Powercommander

B.Mick

Registered
Hey guys, new to this site.

Quick question. I just purchased a Power Commander V for my 2000 Hayabusa, and have been searching for the proper map to upload for the bike. I put a full Muzzy exhaust on it, but that's all the upgrading I've done so far. I found an old ".map" format fuel map for my setup, but I'm finding out that those type of files are only compatable with the old Power Commander III (Serial).

Does anyone have the software for the older PCIII?? Or can anyone convert a ".map" to a ".pcv" file for me?

Thanks in advance for any help!

On the PC site they list a map for that exhaust (20-023-012) for the 2002 and later bikes. Might be worth talking to them about getting that one converted for you. I am sure others will chime in here with more knowledge than me on the matter. Ideally a custom tune would be best. Someone should be able to get you in the ballpark. Be patient.

Oh and welcome to the ORG!

Yeah, that might be worth taking a look at. I will be calling Dynojet tomorrow to see if they can offer any solutions. Thanks Matt!

Guy at Dynojet said just find a map with a similar setup and go with it, fine tune it from there. I would be a lot more confident with that if I weren't completely new to Power Commanders and tuning. Youtube here I come!

You can always copy and paste, but the PCIII had rpm increments of 500, while the PCV has rpm increments of 250, so a certain amount of blending is necessary. Also, the PCV has a 15% column between 10% and 20%, the PCIII does not, so again, some blending is required. IMHO, autotune is crap and always has been, but what do I know. And BTW, since canned maps are a crap shoot anyway, the Dynojet techs suggestion was not totally off the wall, since all bikes are different and do not map exactly the same, even with the same components. Good luck with it.

PC3 & PCV maps are not compatible. Best get a near enough map downloaded or get a quick dyno run for a personal base map.

Bear in mind, I downloaded a map that basically matched my setup. I then hooked in an autotune box which then changed the map quite radically. So personally it's worth getting your own map done on a dyno. No 'generic' map will be right.

I would just download a map that's close to what your bike has and then get it tuned if you have to ride to a place to get it tuned. But if you have auto tune you can use that and find a map that's close to your set up and auto tune off of that. I have done that a bunch of times with great success. But I have been playing with power commander stuff for a couple years. Auto tune works pretty good if you know stuff about tuning. A dyno would be better and safer.

Pc3 maps will work on a pcv. I bought a built motor that was tuned on a pc3r. I talked to power commander and he helped me get the map off the pc3r then convert it to pc3 USB then convert that into my pcv. It worked out just fine for me. It was a pain in the ass. But yes you can convert maps. You just need to download a bunch of stuff to convert it.

I would suggest bring it to a dyno and have them tune it. But shop and ask around to make sure you find someone that has the brains to tune your bike.

Back