Will A 'standard' Gen2 Hit 200mph ?

I reach 200 mph with just couple of bolt-ons on my 09. I ran brocks' pipe, somewhat tuned, ecu reflashed, aftermarket air filter, +1 front sprocket, lowered and race fuel.

I should add... I removed everything I could to make the bike lighter plus rider weight, I was around 160-170. :beerchug:

Last edited:
The only O'Reillys I can find only does car stuff ?

These brothers tickle the throttle right around 200 MPH every ride ~ we always use car gasoline every time we fuel them up . . .

rolling%20with%20Old%20Jeff%202_zpszjn36qpo.jpg

Your knee pucks or mirrors outside the fairings can cause drag ~ just like air for your tires & gasoline for the tank works fine in bikes . . .

Some dude with a gen 2 did a bolt on stage one turbo kit and never hit 200 mph in the standing mile. But other guys have hit 200 on a simple bolt on gen 2. You just need to know what your doing. One thing I would do is take you bike and have it tuned by someone that tunes the bike thur the ecu. So they can get the most out of your set up. Like adding timing which can increase horsepower. These bikes come detuned like crazy.

Weather conditions, my friends, have a huge impact on those +200 mph speeds. A stock fairing bike looses almost 1 mph per 2 mph of headwind. Even worse is a crosswind; you sometimes have lean so much that it puts your body into the wind, might as well not have fairigs. Likewise, a tailwind can add 1 mph per 2 mph of push.

Talking to a guy (Phil) who's a regular speed freak and drag racer. His mate brought a modded Blackbird down last year and after 5 runs only managed a top speed of 181mph. Phil jumped on and got an impressive 195mph 1st time on the bike.

He said a lot of the mph gain was the start and body positioning ... Which all added to an extra 14mph at the end of the mile.

Fact is there is far more variables to getting a good speed than outright HP.

Are we talking about after flashing the ECU, because to the best of my knowledge all the big HP bikes are limited to 187mph from the factory. So No stock bike can go 200mph.

Are we talking about after flashing the ECU, because to the best of my knowledge all the big HP bikes are limited to 187mph from the factory. So No stock bike can go 200mph.

186mph/300kph
And yes, all bikes electronically limited to 186mph since 01. 99/00 were not restricted.

Talking to a guy (Phil) who's a regular speed freak and drag racer. His mate brought a modded Blackbird down last year and after 5 runs only managed a top speed of 181mph. Phil jumped on and got an impressive 195mph 1st time on the bike.

He said a lot of the mph gain was the start and body positioning ... Which all added to an extra 14mph at the end of the mile.

Fact is there is far more variables to getting a good speed than outright HP.
That's why most of the moto gp riders are 5ft and 10 stone ,makes a big difference

Just on the size thing ,I was looking at a bloke about 6ft 5 sitting on the new blade at the London show ,looked absultly ridiculous. Made him look like he was riding a mini moto who are these bikes made for

Typically, the biggest error made is showing up with an extended swing arm with gearing for 250 mph. About the 1/2 mile mark, the rear tire just screams....as the bike slow
maybe tell Charlie Anstaett that. I don't think he realizes you can't, 256 mph with an extended arm. Probably spelled his name wrong.

Just on the size thing ,
I was looking at a bloke about 6 foot 5 inches
sitting on the new blade at the London show ,
looked absurdly ridiculous .

Made him look like he was riding a mini moto who are these bikes made for ?

I believe that's why Kawasaki builds these HUGE motorcycles ~ not only do they build BIG power, these things are monstrosities . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

Kaw makes big bikes but they are heavy tho. The h2 weighs like 520 540 pounds. I like the zx10r as they make awesome power. The zx14r has a weird frame and is ugly and heavy. The h2 is a cool bike but lots of hype tho. Iam looking for some h2s this summer to pick a fight with.

Kawasaki makes big bikes but they are heavy tho.

The H 2 weighs like 520 540 pounds.

I like the ZX 10 r as they make awesome power.

The ZX 14 r has a weird frame and is ugly and heavy.

The H 2 is a cool bike but lots of hype tho.

I am looking for an H 2 this summer to pick a fight with.

Be careful of what H 2 you're looking at to fight with ~ this guy has blower gears & moves out pretty good . . .

highres_455094157.jpe

I have a hard time believing it won't do 200. I've been landspeed racing with my 07 R1 for a few years and have hit 194 in the mile. But we'll find out soon spring event at Loring is coming up and I got a new toy to play with.

I have a hard time believing it won't do 200.

I've been land speed racing with my 07 R 1
for a few years and have hit 194 in the mile.

But we'll find out soon spring event at Loring is coming up and I got a new toy to play with.

I have a hard time believing it won't do 200. I've been landspeed racing with my 07 R1 for a few years and have hit 194 in the mile. But we'll find out soon spring event at Loring is coming up and I got a new toy to play with.

Belive what you want, but there's a big difference in 194 and 200mph.
A stock Busa does NOT have the gearing for 200mph. Stock gearing a gen1 will do a best of 194, and a gen2, 197mph.
With perfect conditions.
Give either Busa 500 more hp...and they still won't go 1 mph faster.
Change the gearing, add as much power as you can, hope for perfect weather, remove the mirrors, and if you can tuck well enough, maybe you hit 200mph.
Too many people think that if you just hold it wide open, that'll it'll do 200, no problem.
Good luck with that.

Back