Wheel Spin Within The Tire.

B n s racing

Registered
I recently purchased RC components wheels which are supposed to be for drag racing. Has anyone experienced there back wheel spinning inside there tire on passes down the strip

Ya don't think I am putting out enough torque to go to that extreme thinking it might be a tire defect

I'd ask around to see what HP requires wheel locks for safety reasons. The fastest I've run was in the tens w/o locks but with reduced tire pressure. Some guys run really low tire pressure and with very good grip, the chances for rim spin increases. In the mid 70s I ran an 852cc SOHC Honda four in the low 12s with a bald Dunlop K81 (with a tube) and about 18 psi in the rear. Never had the rim spin but once I did line up in a dragster's burnout patch and by the time I staged I had become glued to the pavement! I not only wheelied straight up, I red lighted. The bike actually rotated up w/o going farther than needed to trip the lights. :)

I'd ask around to see what HP requires wheel locks for safety reasons. The fastest I've run was in the tens w/o locks but with reduced tire pressure. Some guys run really low tire pressure and with very good grip, the chances for rim spin increases. In the mid 70s I ran an 852cc SOHC Honda four in the low 12s with a bald Dunlop K81 (with a tube) and about 18 psi in the rear. Never had the rim spin but once I did line up in a dragster's burnout patch and by the time I staged I had become glued to the pavement! I not only wheelied straight up, I red lighted. The bike actually rotated up w/o going farther than needed to trip the lights. :)
I think it is a problem with the polished rim, tire and soapy water for installation.

Back