Laser Jammer On The Hayabusa

Thanks. I haven't had any issues with the engine cut off switch.
Why the cut-off? Just curious and I understand that I may be asking an absolutely ignorant question...

Why the cut-off? Just curious and I understand that I may be asking an absolutely ignorant question...

To give a "safe" legal speed reading to the officer shooting you with the lidar gun. If you are referring to the engine cut off switch, that is just something I was experimenting with to get my attention and slow the bike down automatically.

I am imagining a circumstance where you need to accelerate out of a dangerous situation and cannot! I have an Infiniti that the sensor on the throttle pedal failed (later recalled by Nissan for this) right in the middle of an intersection! It is a throttle by wire arrangement and no physical link to the throttle bodies. I was luckily able to clear the intersection safely, but the loss of accelerative force in a critical situation could have been catastrophic. Thats why the NHTSA made them recall it.

I am imagining a circumstance where you need to accelerate out of a dangerous situation and cannot! I have an Infiniti that the sensor on the throttle pedal failed (later recalled by Nissan for this) right in the middle of an intersection! It is a throttle by wire arrangement and no physical link to the throttle bodies. I was luckily able to clear the intersection safely, but the loss of accelerative force in a critical situation could have been catastrophic. Thats why the NHTSA made them recall it.
I was a little hesitant to add the feature. Something of a control thing I think. After a year I think its great. The unit cuts the power ONLY when activated by a lidar gun, and can be killed easily via the thumb switch. It does add one more thing to the bike that could go wrong and leave me stranded in the center lane of the highway I suppose. But I can't think of a single situation I've been in where my brakes weren't a better option than the throttle to evade a potential accident. Even on the Busa.

Back