What type of oil do you use?

I was using a Castrol semi synthetic auto oil in the past and it seemed to work fine. I just did an oil change though and changed to Castrol Power RS Racing 4T 10W-40. I am seriously amazed at the difference. I was thinking it was just marketing to get more cash for motorcycle specific oil but I can honestly tell a huge difference. My Busa now runs noticeably cooler and the shifting is very smooth. Castrol claims it will imporve fuel economy but I only have 100 miles on it so can't tell yet. I will pay the $9.69 a quart from here on.

Used valvoline, Repsol and castrol , currently testing the motul 7100 ester 10w40
Reposl was the best so far but the Motul is almost the same response so far as Reposl
However when I changed to Motul the shifting was so strange and hard until the oil was warmed up to operating temprature
the next day after changing the oil I took it for a 180+MPH ride and i noticed it was getting better and better shifting response , will update after a month

I also like RotellaT5. I have used this in a wide range of bike's for years. I push my bikes hard... my little Ninja 250 has 78,000 km (most at 10000rpm) and its still strong. Ditto for my FJR with 196Km ... so far so good with my Busa at 55k. I buy 20l pails (5gal) for $65cad and change at 5000km (3000mi).

I also like RotellaT5. I have used this in a wide range of bike's for years. I push my bikes hard... my little Ninja 250 has 78,000 km (most at 10000rpm) and its still strong. Ditto for my FJR with 196Km ... so far so good with my Busa at 55k. I buy 20l pails (5gal) for $65cad and change at 5000km (3000mi).
Hi all yes I have lost 2 motors on synthetic oils one suzuki GS1150 rooler bearing crank and 1 ZX11 built motor 1300kit from a builder in Fl. with bal shaft removed oil feed drilled and blocked off case hole filler and blocker with cut down freeze plug also with HV and HP oil pump and oil feed mods. It was #3 rod. went wright out the front of the block at about 180 MPH. Oh was also on 2 stage nitrous at the tine. About 247 HP at real

Just keep an eye out on the Rotella ... they had to change the formula recently, EPA, less zinc and less anti-foaming additives.

I'm glad this forum is here. Earlier this week, I saw that my local parts store was having a clearance on Royal Purple motorcycle oil 10w-40. I spoke to a good friend who is a certified Suzuki mechanic here in Germany and he told me that that oil was not good for the Busa. He said that it would be good for the smaller bikes, but not the Busa. Does anyone have any different thoughts about that, because this was all brand new oil that they had recently come into the store and the manager said he needed to get rid of it since they always have a low sale rate of motorcycle oils. $3.99 per quart.

Would like to know your opinion for Liqui Moly street race engine oil.Does any one of you have used it.If yes then what's your opinion about it or may be I should go with Motul 300V.

Back