Hello From Virginia Beach!

Ranoutofnames

Registered
My third bike, but my first Busa. One owner. Mods like crazy. Lowered. Stretched. Nitrous (that I'll never use), and a bunch of other stuff... Custom paint. Chrome dipped frame. You name it, it has it.

First Gen. 2002. 38k miles. $5k.

Never had a bike so powerful. Started on a R1 fresh out of MSF class 9 years ago. Went down. Got back up and kept riding. Next bike was an EX500 that I customized and poured money into, but when my group was doing 95 and I could barely keep up, it's been in the garage ever since. That thing had no power, lol!!

What's an air shifter? It has one, lol! Someone explain!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Welcome! Where do you ride? I mostly do back roads and twisties. I ride a lot in Pungo and Blackwater, swamp and NE NC.

My third bike, but my first Busa. One owner. Mods like crazy. Lowered. Stretched. Nitrous (that I'll never use), and a bunch of other stuff... Custom paint. Chrome dipped frame. You name it, it has it.

First Gen. 2002. 38k miles. $5k.

Never had a bike so powerful. Started on a R1 fresh out of MSF class 9 years ago. Went down. Got back up and kept riding. Next bike was an EX500 that I customized and poured money into, but when my group was doing 95 and I could barely keep up, it's been in the garage ever since. That thing had no power, lol!!

What's an air shifter? It has one, lol! Someone explain!

View attachment 1571356

View attachment 1571357

View attachment 1571359

View attachment 1571360

Welcome aboard! I've never owned an air shifter, but I think you should have a button on your handlebars that you press and the bike shifts gears without using the clutch? Someone will be along and explain it, don't trust me. Lol!

I'm not directly familiar with that tech but it shifts for you (at the press of a button) using compressed air. Most use a CO2 bottle I think so it's sort of technology made for drag racing (short duration), although there are setups with a compressor too. Basically you shift by hitting a button usually on the clutch side handle bars and don't have to let off the gas. The air shifter cuts fuel gas for a microsecond and shifts automatically. Cool stuff but only really necessary if you are racing. If you have air shocks on that Busa it might have a compressor for the shifter.

Congrats and welcome to the board.:super:

Just put an air(CO2)shifter on mine last month with a 12 oz. bottle good for 200 shifts and refillable at any paintball shop for $2.Mine uses the horn button to shift(via a toggle switch so I still have a horn if needed).Can still shift manually or just hit the button to upshift at any rpm(uses a kill box to momentarily kill engine[set mine at approx. 40 milliseconds=.04 seconds]and a ram to actuate the shift lever).Mainly for drag racing but I use mine most every time I street ride when I don't feel like(or too lazy)foot shifting.:laugh:

Kit shown with several CO2 bottles(4 and 9 oz.,though I went with a 12);

Boy%20and%20CO2%20Shifter%2011-10-2016%20010_zpsppbvegtr.jpg

Bottle mounted to swingarm;

9oz.%20CO2%20Bottle%20On%20Swingarm%2011-11-16%20002_zpsv5czfzhr.jpg

Ram mounted to shifter;

Boy%20and%20CO2%20Shifter%20008_zpsylkztmtk.jpg

Thanks, guys! I'm still fairly new to VA beach, but I LOVE riding in Pungo. I also like the stretch between Va Beach and Elizabeth City. I don't ride nearly as much as I want to, but that's gonna change with my Busa.

Where can I get a high quality Busa decal? The actual Japanese symbol? The paint is custom and the bike is beautiful and flawless, but I really want a decal...

I'm not directly familiar with that tech but it shifts for you (at the press of a button) using compressed air. Most use a CO2 bottle I think so it's sort of technology made for drag racing (short duration), although there are setups with a compressor too. Basically you shift by hitting a button usually on the clutch side handle bars and don't have to let off the gas. The air shifter cuts fuel gas for a microsecond and shifts automatically. Cool stuff but only really necessary if you are racing. If you have air shocks on that Busa it might have a compressor for the shifter.

It cuts the ignition/spark

Welcome to the oRg! Beautiful Busa!! Got a few riders here that live north of you, if you ever cross the HRBT and find yourself in BFE (technical term for all places north of Yorktown/heading in to the Northern Neck area)

Back