Pp Front Pr4 Rear

Cantab

Registered
Has any one tried this before i know its a bit of different combo , i got a reasonable deal on the rear NZ$280 and offered athe front for NZ$150. ( US$197 & $105 )

190/55 & 120/70

9000 miles like this PR4 rear 190/55/17 and Pilot power 3 2CT . Love the combo @ 42 psi front/rear airing down some for mountains depending on how hard I want to ride .

Thanks c10 :) , ive used PR4s on the Busa and PR3s on an SV1000N and used to run PR2s/PP2cts on the GSX1400, ive mixed a few combos
but not a PP and a 4, would have prefered a PP3 Front.

Im using 38/40 psi on the B King same as the Bus.

$409 for PP3 set at Boyds, fitted or freight free.

And $419 for the 55 must remember :banghead: .. Ive got reasonable Ks on the SV with them 8k, they certainly show their compounds fairly quickly esp the rear. I'd guess with the B King being quite a few more kilos and more HP that the
PP3 wouldn't last the same, but for the price be ok.

Let me be a bit more clear 9000 miles on two sets
I get 5000 out of a rear and i change in pairs. The front still has 3000 plus miles left so i give my front tires to needy riders

Ends up im about to recieve a PP3 front for US$100 - :thumbsup:

C10 thats nice of you to part with your fronts...personally if ive that many Ks left in the front id fit a good second hand rear till
the fronts almost gone then fit a pair.

And $419 for the 55 must remember :banghead: .. Ive got reasonable Ks on the SV with them 8k, they certainly show their compounds fairly quickly esp the rear. I'd guess with the B King being quite a few more kilos and more HP that the
PP3 wouldn't last the same, but for the price be ok.

Yeah it's interesting to listen to other riders, tyres and the mileages they're getting, or at least claiming to. PR4s on my Busa don't get past 12K. I'm on PP3s at the moment, 55 rear, and I'm liking them over the PR4s. Not sure about wear as yet, but then the S20 Bridgestones were toast after about 5K, so guessing PP3s be about the same. It's just for summer fun...and for the price at Boyds I'm not complaining.

PR3's got more miles on my FJR1300 than PR4's on same FJR1300 I was pissed when I manged 6 k form a PR3 doing wheelies/burn outs
Then mount up a PR4 and barley get 4 k with zero burn outs , and just a hand full of wheelies . Same load/psi in the tires . here is a few shots putting the PR series through the paces , and a video of a little rain ride . In the video I do not pass the Nissan Titan truck so fast forward about 2 min when he waves me buy at the stop sign . Note the wheelie in the rain :) Note Eureka springs AR rock house road to Berryville
I was on PR3's

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0083.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0088.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

DSCN0092.jpg

Last edited:
I normally get between 6500 and 7000 out of a set of PR3, or PR4s, on the Busa or the Concours. I normally wear the front out a little sooner than the rear, no burn outs, but I do take off fast at times. Most of my rides consist of the North GA, East Tennessee and North Carolina mountains. I get around 6000 out of a Pilot Power 3 front. I have run the PR3 rear and Pilot Power front and do like that combo. I hope this helps some.

How you going with these ?
Im due for a rear shortly.

Got about 8500 km with first set, which included 2 "track based training days" so happy with that. Bought 2 sets though, now around 3ooo km into second set, enjoying the nice combo of performance and life. Was getting between 10 and 12 k km on PR4s, so 8 k on PP3s at 2/3 the price I'll run PP3s. Yes I'm Dutch haha...

Got about 8500 km with first set, which included 2 "track based training days" so happy with that. Bought 2 sets though, now around 3ooo km into second set, enjoying the nice combo of performance and life. Was getting between 10 and 12 k km on PR4s, so 8 k on PP3s at 2/3 the price I'll run PP3s. Yes I'm Dutch haha...

To funny :) was about to buy a PP3...but hit the buy now early this morn on a Avon 3D Ultra Sport (from Motohause08 for $237 delivered).
I agree for the price and Ks bout the PP3 , handy to know your experience.

To funny :) was about to buy a PP3...but hit the buy now early this morn on a Avon 3D Ultra Sport (from Motohause08 for $237 delivered).
I agree for the price and Ks bout the PP3 , handy to know your experience.

So tell us about the Avons! You need movie glasses to ride em fast? :cool:

So tell us about the Avons! You need movie glasses to ride em fast? :cool:
Did 1040kms on Saturday in mainly wet conditions :crazy: and they were very good , interestingly each time we stopped my mates Pirelli Angels on his 1050 stayed 'wet' while the Avon dried out so lots of heat generated - be interesting to see how many KMs they last...in the parts that were dry I couldn't fault them at all, still early days.
70 % of the roads were corners and hills :D with coarse chip seal, tyre pressures were 38/38 cold.

No need for 3D glasses just yet...;)

Back