My Busa Fell Over

DVB

Registered
My 2003 black/grey (not a scratch on bike) got knocked over in garage last week when I backed my snowblower into it! 35K miles and 13 years not a scratch...I let the F Bombs go for few days and now I'm over it and have to replace the right side cowl assembly lower. Pt#94407-24F61-KT77 oem from Suzuki.
Supposedly these are factory painted and will fit right up with my bike, the question I have is do they come with the Hayabusa chrome decal on the side? and do they have the cushions attached on the inside of panel? I would appreciate any feedback you may have. Thanks

Should have the decal, double check with dealer.
Won't have cushion.
Just re-use old cushion.
Should have enough sticky left on it to stick to the new fairing.
If not, all you need is a little auto parts store silicone.

Thanks sixpacks! I check with the dealer maybe they would know.. I have a cbx by that name

Sorry to hear about your incident you have done well not to harm your bike in 13 years most of us do it in less time than that :D Good luck :thumbsup:

kickmod-jpg.7239.jpg

They All have the kickstand problem.
Look at yours. You can see it doesn't move much past vertical when it folds down.

wont have the cushions reuse your old ones had to change mine from a tip over (oem) fairings used weather strip adhevise(black)

I dropped my 2004 Off my first "CHEAP" rear stand. Needed to buy the right side fairing and did so with Oneida Suzuki and it came exactly as my OE with foam and all. Hope yours does as well. It was a perfect fit/match color and all. Made me sick for sure. Had that part ordered within 20 minutes.

Thanks again to all for replies, I did the kick stand mod shortly after I got the bike, (Read to do so asap on this board) my bike fell over on the right side after I backed into it with my snowblower, felt the hard bump, turned and crabbed the bike but couldn’t hold on and over it went.
Sounds like from comments the chrome hayabusa decal does come on it, that was a concern of mine if I pay for it myself and don't file a claim to my insurance company. Good news cause that thing lists for over $100 and probably a pain in the ass to put on. I did find an oem panel at Parts zilla for a couple hundred bucks cheaper then my local Suzuki dealer.

I have my Busa inside my house so that I can't hit it with the snowblower or the SUV etc.
It's on a OEM Rear Stand so it won't tip over in the house either.

Hope everything works out for you - and you make it so you can't hit with the snowblower or anything else again.

If it's any consolation to you, my wife ran over one of my previous bikes in the garage. She was getting in my seriously modified JK wrangler and when it started she complacently let out the clutch. I always leave it in first, she always leaves manuals in neutral. She said it "hopped" into my bike and it was pushed into the AC unit and vent! Lots of damage to the AC and bike. She felt so bad we went out bike shopping that week.
I rctified this problem by moving into a new house that has another separate garage, er I mean, mancave the size of a 2 car garage and my babies live safely in there!
Sorry to hear about this. Also sorry to hear about this thing you call "snow!" Talk about adding insult to injury! The good news is you have plenty of non riding months to get her all fixed up!
Troy

Troy

I love your solution! I did the same 4 years ago. I now have a 4 car man cave :) Completely separate from the 3 car attached :)

Probably one of the most common threads we see here.. Guys that have a perfect record and taking care of their bikes with such care and precision for years then WHAM! Now I have to admit the I haven't seen one go over from a snowblower before but same outcome.. It's one of the most painful things to watch happen too. Good luck getting her fixed.

Several years ago, I bought OEM panels for my 08 from Honda East Toledo. Paint matched perfect and fit was good although the opposite side now does not fit quite right---think I bent the fairing stay. Tell Justin you are an org member and you might get a discount. They do not come with the pads, those are easily salvageable from the factory fairing. You can buy the kanji sticker but an OEM fairing will have it already applied to it. Ask Justin and he will tell for sure or not. You may need a new fairing stay, too.

Back