Installing Power Commander 5 On 2015 Busa

Lewis

Registered
I have couple questions in regards to installing the dynojet PCV on a 2015 hayabusa.

1. I didn't realize the Gen 2's had 8 injectors (4 at the top and 4 at the bottom). The PCV only came with connectors that will fit 4 of the injectors. Will this work effectively? Will this even make a difference in terms of tuning 4 of the 8 injectors? I don't want to waste my time installing if this isn't going to work.

2. The instructions state - "Disconnect the main wiring harness from each of the LOWER injectors and Plug the PCV wiring harness in-line of the stock wiring harness and injectors". It provides the PCV injector color codes for each fuel connector on the PCV but how in the heck do I know which cylinder is which on the hayabusa? The stock wiring has the same colors for each stock injector wire. Which cylinder is cylinder 1-2-3 and 4 ? I'm assuming if I'm sitting on the bike, then cylinder 1 would be to the far left and working your way to the far right would be cylinder 4?

3. The lower injector clips are a pain in the butt to get to and pull off. Any tips?

4. Last but not least, the instructions that came with the PCV5 really do suck and lack detail. Is there a detailed tutorial somewhere on this site with pictures? Searched the net for an hour and couldn't find anything useful.

Cylinder 1 is on the left, as you stated, and 4 on the right, as you sit on the bike.
As for the clips, they can be a pain, but take your time so the metal piece doesn't go flying.

from what i whave read in the past, the secondary injectors don't need to be tuned. but why not have control of them if you can? that's why i got a bazzaz.

the standard designations for cyl ID is 1-2-3-4....1 is far left as you sit on the bike followed by 2 3 and 4 on the far right as you sit on the bike.

from what i whave read in the past, the secondary injectors don't need to be tuned. but why not have control of them if you can? that's why i got a bazzaz.

the standard designations for cyl ID is 1-2-3-4....1 is far left as you sit on the bike followed by 2 3 and 4 on the far right as you sit on the bike.

You don't need to "tune" all eight injectors on a Gen 2 Busa. The primary (bottom) injectors connected to a PCV provide enough fuel adjustment for almost everything other than a turbo or nitrous bike. On a stock Gen 2 with an unmodified ecu, their is never a time when all injectors fire at once. The primary injectors fire up to a certain point and then fade out, when the upper injectors take over. The Bazzazz is an overcomplicated POS IMHO, especially when it comes to a normally aspirated Gen 2 Busa. Eight injectors are just not necessary. A turbo is a different story, but we can again use a regular PCV . . . going into the ecu and modifying the "injector balance" map can bring in all the injectors at once, if the build really requires it. The OP will find video tutorials on the powercommander.com website, and should get with a qualified dyno tuner to get the most from his install.

Just to be clear, the PCV adds fuel to the standard ECU fuel map to allow tuning of the engine. It is very unlikely you will need more fuel than can be added by the PCV on the primary injectors, unless as stated you have a turbo or other radical build. This is completely workable, and is a good reliable setup. Dynojet offers an additional fuel module add on if you wish to control all 8 injectors. Aside from a turbo setup, if you add a dynojet quickshifter you'll need the additional fuel module so that fuel can be cut to all injectors when you shift. The Dynojet stuff is proven technology and very reliable. It is also widely used so finding a tuner who knows how to set the bike up will be easy. It does not however do anything your bikes ECU can't do from the factory. Flashing the OEM ECU will do the same remapping that the PCV does, and a few other cool things too (provided you can find a tuner that knows how). The Bazzaz stuff is also very good and adds the possibility for traction control as well as a quick shifter, that's why it comes with control for all 8 injectors. So PCV is basically for adding an aftermarket exhaust/filter. A PVC with additional fuel module for adding a quickshifter too. ECU flash for adding exhaust /filter and high end fuel needs (like a turbo). Bazzaz is for higher end electronics like TC and quickshifter.

Thanks Guys. You all provided me with the info I was looking for. Greatly appreciate it!

So an 08 busa with a pipe and a pc3 only doing the lower injectors went 210 in the mile.no need for a Bazzaz

So an 08 busa with a pipe and a pc3 only doing the lower injectors went 210 in the mile.no need for a Bazzaz

Correct me if I'm wrong but the lowers are the secondaries that only come on at WOT. The secondaries are the ones a 4 connector harness like the old PC5 does not tune. The upper injectors are the ones that get used in more normal riding. If so, control of the secondaries is the most important for racing. I still want to control all of them. I go slow sometimes.

did a quick searchg and far as I can tell, there is no 8 injector harness with the PC5 yet. They say this

• Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
which means "you can't tune all 8 injectors but you can probably add enough fuel to the primaries compensate for this." I still would encourage busa owners to go with a Bazzaz in conjunction with a flash or just get one of those self flash kits.

You don't need to "tune" all eight injectors on a Gen 2 Busa. The primary (bottom) injectors connected to a PCV provide enough fuel adjustment for almost everything other than a turbo or nitrous bike. On a stock Gen 2 with an unmodified ecu, their is never a time when all injectors fire at once. The primary injectors fire up to a certain point and then fade out, when the upper injectors take over. The Bazzazz is an overcomplicated POS IMHO, especially when it comes to a normally aspirated Gen 2 Busa. Eight injectors are just not necessary.

I hear ya but what if you are concerned about performance before the top injectors take over? You know, my sport riding is more road race style and I do use very small throttle openings and some low rpm. ...not that there isn't more power there than I can safely use but if it's there, I want it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the lowers are the secondaries that only come on at WOT. The secondaries are the ones a 4 connector harness like the old PC5 does not tune. The upper injectors are the ones that get used in more normal riding. If so, control of the secondaries is the most important for racing. I still want to control all of them. I go slow sometimes.

did a quick searchg and far as I can tell, there is no 8 injector harness with the PC5 yet. They say this

• Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
which means "you can't tune all 8 injectors but you can probably add enough fuel to the primaries compensate for this." I still would encourage busa owners to go with a Bazzaz in conjunction with a flash or just get one of those self flash kits.

Here you go: http://www.powercommander.com/power...e/powercommander_v_secondary_fuel_module.aspx

I'm not pushing dynojet though. They are good and perform as advertised but I'm looking at going to a Bazzaz setup with TC myself.

Thanks, fallenarch. That's news to me. I saw "Secondary Fuel Module" somewhere in the PC5 software and thought it was if you had two PC5s hooked up. The software refers the older version as "Primary Module" as you probably know.

For the cost of the Bazzaz with TC and QS, I bet you could just about get one of the more advanced Woolich kits. Pretty sure that did TC. Woolich Race Tools, maybe?

Yep you are WRONG the lower the primary.
Ecu Editor flash and a PCV is all you need. Way not a Bazzaz? Because no 15% throtlle adjustment. Why ecu editor instead of woolich? Free software and better features. Plus you will not fry an ECU.

Thanks or the correction on the primary injector location, Johnny.

Ecu Editor flash and a PCV is all you need. Way not a Bazzaz? Because no 15% throtlle adjustment. Why ecu editor instead of woolich? Free software and better features. Plus you will not fry an ECU.

There is no 15% collumn and no 2% collumn in a Bazzaz map so fine throttle tuning is more limited. I guess I now know why I feel the 14 has equal throttle response when the busa was said to be better in this regard. Bazzaz has finer increments of 10 from 10% to 100% TP. I never liked the big jumps of 20 from 20% to 100% with a PC5 map but I must say, I feel no lack in smoothness at all with my PC5ed ZX-14 at large throttle openings. The 14's fine throttle response is as good as the Bazzazed busa except for an annoying hiccup at about 4% TP in second gear which I think is a zx-14 mapping issue. I can't say the small throttle response is bad with Bazzaz, just could be a little better. probably the lack of the 2% collumn more than the 15%. Bazzaz swapped a little latitude in the small throttle dept. for finer control of the large throttle.

Did you say FREE? Can't beat free. I'm going with ECU editor.

Thanks for the info once again, Johnny.

How do you feel about the aftermarket ECUs such as Holly? Sampling 300 x/second, the AFR is always perfect, I hear + you have control of all engine parameters flashes do and then some. At around a thousand bucks, the cost is same as fuel/ignition/autotune modules and you have more control than a flash. Looks like a huge wiring project though. You basically replace the whole main harness and every sensor connector.

I am not expert by any means. However with my little experience in "tuning" my bikes and a couple buddies' bikes. I would not use Bazzaz again. It caused more issues than it was worth. Example: Fi lights that would come and go. Then reading other gsxr forums Fi lights were common with Bazzaz. Even the Bazzaz website says it is common. The connectors on the Bazzaz for the injectors seem to not clip on as well.

i now only use PC5. However, i just started using ecu editor also. I must say it is super easy.

Like fallenarch said you can buy the expansion module if you really want to control all 8 but the 4 will do the job just fine.

My last gsxr 750 was tuned via ecu and ran great without any problems.

There are a lot of ways to do it and a lot of opinions. If you have the extra cash for the harness from boostbysmith i would check out ecu editor!

<< 3. The lower injector clips are a pain in the butt to get to and pull off. Any tips?>>

I have a PCV that I've been trying to install. Removing the lower injector clips has been my biggest obstacle. Can anyone provide any tips on how to do this??

Back