Rectifier Went Out

Manny1901

Registered
so leading up to the rectifier going out the battery previously drained while sitting at a friends house for 3 hours. The battery was at the end of its shelf life so needed to buy a new one. Purchased a new battery and everything was working fine for two days. Stopped at a friends house for awhile and while in my way home the bike just goes completely black. No power anywhere. I pull over to the side of the road and could smell a burning smell coming from the compartment underneath the back seat. Tried to turn the key to see if it would turn back in and nothing it still had no power. Took the back plastic off and bam the smell was coming from the rectifier. Took the battery to get checked out and it is still perfect nothing wrong with it at all. So my question is could the rectifier cause the bike to not have any power at all? If so if I plug the new one in will my bike return to normal? The rectifier is the one that came stock with the bike it is an 06 hayabusa

Buddy's 05 Gsxr 750 did the same exact thing. Battery kept draining, kept dying and leaving him on the side of the road. Told him to throw a Ricks rectifier/stator on his bike. He didn't listen..... bought a cheap Chinese eBay stator and rectifier. Bike ran for a half day then did the same thing. So he bought a Ricks rectifier but left the junk stator in. Bike still didn't run.... So he takes it to a dealership. They have the bike for 2 weeks and finally call and tell him he has a bad stator. They recommend a Ricks! A month of breaking down and trouble shooting and sitting in a dealership plus $400 later he's back on the road..... I hope you got the moral of this story :whistle:

Not enough information, but if the connectors are in great shape and not melted and you replace the rectifier you should be good to go

So this is what caused the issue

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

I dont remember having issues with my first Gen rectifier. It was always the battery that gave me fits. Upgrade what you have and keep an eye on it.

Replacing that rectifier should do it, make sure you do your electrical checks in the manual.

Back