A Few Busa Questions Before Purchase.

The Hayabusa is a great all round bike. If set up properly it can provide all day comfort. There are lots of threads on here about how to do that. I have done a few 14 hours plus days with no problem, and average over 50 mpg when the temperature is above 60 degrees. It is a good solid bike and can take anything that you dish out without breaking a sweat. I part motorcycles as a side job/hobby and when I parted my first Hayabusa (an 08) and saw how they were built I knew I had to have one. I bought one within the month (a 2011) and have never regretted it for a second, and I have owned a LOT of bikes.

The Busa is okay to ride all day on, but not the same as a dedicated tourer such as the Kawasaki Concourse. I friend and I just came back from a 2300 km trip together. I was sore, he wasn't. I had to fill up every 230-250 km (and needed the stretch every 200). He didn't have to fill up until 400 or so km (so only about every other pit stop for him). We spent most of our time on the backroad twisties and I would need a break every 30 to 60 minutes from fatigue. He didn't.

The Connie has lots of torque, and he didn't have to try very hard to keep up with me on the straights (although I wasn't trying to lose him). He was able to hold his own in the corners, but that's where the Busa's sportbike configuration definitely showed its advantage, and why I am willing to put up with the sportbike-type ergos: it handles very well for my style of riding.

It's not as nimble as a dedicated sportbike due to it's weight, but I found it handles very well nonetheless (especially after I had the back raised 1" to increase the head angle -- make the angle of the forks steeper).

I've had a few bikes so far, and it's definitely my favourite. It's size and power will allow it to tour. It's sportbike configuration will allow it to carve corners quite well, but places your weight on your hands, wrists and arms. The handle bars can be raised with Heli-bars or a Genmar riser and that will help increase the comfort on the arms and wrists (but in no way is it as comfortable as sitting upright on a touring bike). For me, it's a good compromise.

Here's a vid of me on the Busa at Deals Gap:

I don't mind stopping often, I feel it gives you the opportunity to take in where you are. I believe after all this time of looking, about 2 months now, that the hayabusa is one of those jack of all trades bikes, does all but not one thing well. Like a tourer for example is only nice when your touring, how is it the other 90 percent of the year. I still haven't pulled the trigger on it yet though. There's a little voice up stairs screaming don't do it, and I haven't figured out why just yet. In a little under a month I believe I'm heading up to the dragon, never been, I hear it's a bit of a tourist trap now, too many bikes to actually enjoy the roads. Anything I should do while there, or see? Nice video BTW.

Hello everyone,

I wrote out a thread and realized it was wayyyyy to long. So here my "edited" version.

Is the busa really a good mix of both worlds, Supersport blood with touring added in? I'm more touring oriented so that and commuting will be it's main jobs. I know this is a personal preference sort of thing but seems like a lot of people are choosing the busa for this task.

I'd like to hear about ownership and why you chose this bike over "any bike here".

Next and most importantly, should I just wait? Suzuki is designing the 3rd Gen, seems silly to buy a bike and it's outdated in one year. Does anyone have any info on this, like what's coming, are changes huge or minimal?

Thanks for your time.
The busa is the best value for money dollar wise. It's a better handling bike compared to the ZX14 which honestly feels like riding a pig. Over here there a huge price difference, the busa sells for $21000 nzd compared to $25000nzd for the ZX14, both Honda and Yamaha are yet to bring anything to the table that come close. Maybe they're not that Interested in that size/type.

Back