GSXR brake master

STevoVIII

Registered
Has anyone attempted to use the GSXR front master cylinder on their busas? I have gen II front forks with radial mount calipers and I'm starting to get things together for my clip ons. I've been looking at the GSXR master and lever as it looks lighter and I'm attempting to shave weight where I can.

Is it lighter? and will it perform reasonably?

This is a new venture for me, any input is helpful. Thanks guys
:thumbsup:

The weight difference is nothing considering the total weight of the bike with fluid and driver. I don't know if it will fit though, I suppose it will and it is always nice to make the bike a bit more personal.

Yes it will work. I ran a master cylinder from a 05 gsxr 1000 in my gen 1.

If you are buying the GSXR 1K MC then spring for the extra bucks and get the Brembo. The Brembo is really amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just looked at the Brembo master, that's way more than I want to spend and at least 10X what I can get a 1k master for. I'm sure for a track toy or something it'd be amazing, but for my little drag scooter it seems a little over kill.

I'll just stick to my little used $30 1k set up lol.
Thanks again.

Good choice and you save a lot of money by not buying the Brembo pump. If you want sport-bike-alike brakes it is then just to put in better pads. Brembo Red for road driving and EBC HH for track. The cold bite on the EBC's is not good but they are real stoppers once warmed up.

Here's a horrible shot of it on my gen 1

d1043357.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe for a street bike or something, but i will literally only be using the brakes in shut down. I don't need much dynamic feel or feedback in this instance. I've looked into the brembo for my street/touring busa though. gotta have one for every purpose lol

Will be doing this conversion next week. Will include a pic. Hope the reservoir clears the shield, attempting to use an 08 1k setup on my gen 1, forks are gen 2, lowered 1".

Not skilled enough to weld the aluminum for the bracket, have to consult my buddy Rob for some help. You just basically have to extend it over farther to get it to the mounting bracket holes. Will show a pic when complete.

Back