Adjustable Lowering Links To Raise Bike?

I need to raise my tail as well. Got some links that should take it to stock +1" from where it's at but I been having issues loosening the bolts and I think I'd like to go +1" more than stock...

Sharp looking bike. Why do you need to raise the rear?

Suspension Tuning Guide-Handling

HEAVY HANDED HANK

Problem: Hank says his bike's steering feels super heavy at low speeds, and once he gets his bike turning by using lots of muscle, it practically falls into corners.

Solution: These characteristics could be the result of a squared-off rear tire (too much straight-line riding) or notchy or too-tight steering head bearings; if Hank has a steering damper mounted, it may be adjusted too tight. Suspension-wise, heavy steering is a typical result of having rear ride height set too low, raking out the chassis like a chopper.

If Hank notices the same troubles after trying his bike with the steering damper backed off, checking his tire and adjusting his steering head bearings, the problem is most likely in his bike's chassis attitude. Front and rear sag should be checked and set correctly, followed by another ride to check for any changes in handling. If there is little or no change, Hank will have to gradually change his geometry by either raising the fork tubes in the triple clamps or--if he's lucky and has a rear ride-height adjuster--raising the rear of his bike. When dropping the front end of a bike by adjusting fork height, it's a good idea to keep an eye on clearance between the front tire and radiator, and also--on a conventional fork--to ensure the sliders don't bottom out on the lower triple clamp.

cheers
ken

Sharp looking bike. Why do you need to raise the rear?
I am 6'4" tall, 230lbs, as it is its already about a inch lower than stock and when I sit it goes about 5 down right away and I like to take the wife on rides which I'm sure it goes even lower then... that's why but I'm not too sure about these links I got, they just seem too lite. Might just have to wait and invest in soups lol

If it is dropping that muck when you sit on it then your preload is way to soft. I am about the same weight as you and with me on the bike it drops maybe 1.5 inches. I can't remember exactly what the measurements were now. I think I set it to 39mm.

I ordered a C spanning wrench so I can adjust the preload as well. Looked for it everywhere and no one locally sells it...

I ordered a C spanning wrench so I can adjust the preload as well. Looked for it everywhere and no one locally sells it...

Drift pin and a hammer wotks great. On mine once I knocked the lock nut loose I could just turn the spring by hand to adjust the preload.

Honestly bro I can't remember. I know I took the weight off to get the initial measurement. I think I had weight on the shock while adjusting it, because I had to keep loading the shock for my wife to measure the load.

Yeah sounds like you should try suspension settings first like mentioned. I'm 215lbs and my bike doesnt squat that much and handles nicely.
You said it was already lowered an inch? Is that aftermarket or just the suspension settings?

Yeah, previous owner was a lil on the short side and I guess for comfort lowered it a inch from stock... so today, I beat it with a flathead and mallot, stiffened the suspension a lil, but feels more comfortable and when we get on it it goes down about a inch or two instead of five or six and feels way better on bumps too. Thank you for the advice to all.

Back