? About Fuel Capacity

Ham

Registered
The specs say the fuel tank is 5.5 gallons but when my light came on and i fill up i only got like 4.5 in there does that mean there was still 1 gallon in the take when the light came on.

The light comes on my Gen II with roughly 2 gallons left, but in your case, yes, 1 gallon.

Mine still has about 1 1/2 gallons when the light comes on. Fuel gauge on my bike sucks I can do about 70 miles before the needle comes off full and the light comes on between 120-130 miles.

That is your reserve. And I can say I am very thankful that reserve is as much as it is. You can ride a long ways if you really have to with that light on. Dont ask me how I know. LOL

When that light comes on fill up ,don't learn the hard way like me ,pushing the busa down or up a country lane for over a mile was not fun as it almost killed me .+ Possible Damage to fuel pump

I'm assuming you fill the tank sitting on the bike so it's not leaning like the rest of us. Very stupid thing to do because fires are more common than you think. But getting every drop in that tank is generally more important to me than risking a fiery death.

That is your reserve. And I can say I am very thankful that reserve is as much as it is. You can ride a long ways if you really have to with that light on. Dont ask me how I know. LOL

I seem to remember pics. Now let me see where did that thread go?

Like the head lights the fuel gauge is a little bit off. But it is better than the old, oops I need to flip the fuel lever to reserve.

Back