Shinko 005 Advance Radial Tires

umairhashmi

Registered
I have had these for about 5 months now and honestly i think they are great for the money.Everyone talks about them as if they are some really bad quality type of tires but so far my experience with them for everyday riding on wet and dry streets has been good. Of course im not pushing it to the max on the street but for the money i think they are good.
How come so many bikers hate the shinkos with a passion???

I have had these for about 5 months now and honestly i think they are great for the money.Everyone talks about them as if they are some really bad quality type of tires but so far my experience with them for everyday riding on wet and dry streets has been good. Of course im not pushing it to the max on the street but for the money i think they are good.
How come so many bikers hate the shinkos with a passion???
Are they a pure sport tire or a sport touring type like an Avon Storm/PR 2 ect? I've never ran them, so I don't have an opinion either way. But you usually get what you pay for....if they're dirt cheap I might be a little leery
laugh.gif
Now if they last well and are safe I'm all ears tho
winkold.gif

I love the Shinko, best tire ever for the drags. I also have no problems on the street. I also use the Ebay wavey rotors from Hong Kong for 170.00 bucks a pair and they stop me just fine have never had a problem. Beats paying 550 bucks for Gaffers.

I love the Shinko, best tire ever for the drags. I also have no problems on the street. I also use the Ebay wavey rotors from Hong Kong for 170.00 bucks a pair and they stop me just fine have never had a problem. Beats paying 550 bucks for Gaffers.
+1

People get afraid of the name on the product, think more $ is better.

My Stinko's rock!

boosta1395: link me to the rotors.

I've heard Shinko's aren't that great of tires and they are used a lot on the drag strip, probably because they don't last that long and they're cheap. I dunno. I've always had Pirelli's just because I always happen to get a pretty good deal on them and I have Pilot Powers for my track bike which I haven't been able to use yet so I have not accurate comparison. Tires are tires to me. It's just like trying to say who's got the fastest color bike!

I have a pair of 005 Shinkos' on order; hopefully they will be better than the Bridgestones I have now..

I've been running Shinko Raven 009's for two years now. Love 'em.

Ran the "Advance 005's" for 3000 miles... they were holding up great, good traction in the twisties... however, they are not "nail" proof
guns.gif

I loved them when I ran a couple of sets in Florida and CT. They handled well and lasted pretty well. They are know to have some trouble in getting a bewhen you install, but as long as you know to watch it when installing you will be fine.

shinko's aren't bad at all. I want to try the 009's
my 005 started to square up when the tire started to wear

I used to have Dunlop then switched to Shinko.

Love my Shinko and won't use any other tire.

hqdefault.jpg

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I'm OK~ with a good Shinko.

Just my two cents here.

Red, *<(:{)-

Back