Coolant Overflowing

200+HPbusa

Registered
Coolant boils then overflows from the plastic reservoir after i stop and turn the engine off from a ride whether long or short. I had this issue about 4 months ago and I replaced the cap and flush the radiator the best I could and it stopped. It's doing it again. My fan kicks on and stays on until it cools down but it still boils and overflows.

Last edited:
No its not milky. Just changed it. I just took the thermostat out to see if it acts different and it did the exact same. So head gasket it is. $#*@

Head gasket can allow oil to coolant, coolant to oil, or just pressurize each or both, not always necessarily mixture of fluids

Pull an oil sample to check for coolant in the oil. There are other things that could be wrong, plugged radiator, cap not sealing well in the neck, depending on your build maybe you need a 1.6 bar cap, water pump.

Ok so debating on just putting a new head gasket on. Should I worry about there being a crack in the head. I live in Hawaii and it can get hella expensive for the labor rates here, not to mention sending parts off island to get head work done.

Would never hurt to have it magna fkuxed after having excess heat. Would hate to get it all back together and have a crack.....

Yeah, that's the prososed plan. Has anyone ever heard of a Bars leak for motorcycles? I'm about to try anything before taking it apart. I just dont really like spending the money. I only have 30k miles on it and now this issue.

Back