Sprockets

kucuy

Registered
Hello, this is my first post. I tried looking to see if anyone had this question before but I guess I'm just too new to it...

When I bought my busa, it had after market rims and sprockets. A few days ago I performed some maintenance and cleaning on the bike and noticed it's time for new sprockets and chain...

The sprocket is not labeled and I can't remember what the previous owner had told me, he did mention they were not stock but I can't remember if he said sometjing about they had to be custom due to the aftermarket rims.

My question, if I have aftermarket rims, do I need custom sprockets? Would I be able to just order the stock replacements and be good to go? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer to your question is probably, depends on what wheels you have? Aftermarket wheel manufacturers make a wheel which may fit several applications and OE manufacturers so they have a proprietary sprocket bolt pattern. Find out which wheels you have and Vortex likely has what you need.

Welcome to the forum. Like they said, post pics. Some busa wheels use Kawasaki bolt pattern for sprockets and so on.

Welcome to the forum. Post up some good pics of your wheels, and sprocket. We could probably tell you what you need to get.

Kucuy, where are you located? I am in Milton.

From memory most rear sprockets will use a kawasaki pattern. Post pics of that rear wheel

Pics would help lots. Why do you say they need replaced?
I will take some tomorrow, they just looking sharp and rubbed off and the chain just looks a lil beat. Plus I'd like a colored face on the chain and don't want to change one thing without the others...

Well in buying a chain, I strictly use EK zzz 530. Quad o ring. I know some colored ones aren't the heavy duty, someone might have more info.

Most all aftermarket wheels use a Kawasaki bolt pattern for there sprockets, usually zx12

I'm not sure how to upload pictures it keeps asking for a url...
When you are typing a message, there is a button that says "upload a file", click on it and it'll give you a list of folders where you can select the file from. Select one and hit upload.

See if this works...

20160916_100705.jpg

Back