Woohoo... I hit the 200 Mph!

Congrats that is awesome I understood the mods only the PVC ? what is a PVC thanks :thumbsup:

PCV, power commander V, but that wasn't the only mod, I ran brocks exhaust, tuned, ecu reflashed, aftermarket air filter, +1 front sprocket, lowered the bike and race fuel.

PCV, power commander V, but that wasn't the only mod, I ran brocks exhaust, tuned, ecu reflashed, aftermarket air filter, +1 front sprocket, lowered the bike and race fuel.

Got it thanks hopefully one day I can do these mods to achieve the magic 200 mph :bowdown:

Got it thanks hopefully one day I can do these mods to achieve the magic 200 mph :bowdown:
There are other tricks that will help you, tire pressure, remove all unnecessary weight, you might be able to run with out the seat to help you get a better tuck, (practice your tuck, it will help you a lot) you could tape the fairing seems/holes to get the bike a little better aerodynamic friendly, but once you go to a land speed racing event you will start meeting people and start learning the ins and outs. Theres also guys here that are very knowledgeable and willing to help. :thumbsup:

Do you think the 1 9 front was needed? It looked like oem gearing on gearing commander site should reach 200 if the motor will make power to redline in 6th

Do you think the 1 9 front was needed? It looked like oem gearing on gearing commander site should reach 200 if the motor will make power to redline in 6th

Gen2
197mph is most possible on stock gearing.
You will need -2/41 tooth rear, or stock with 55 series rear tire.
You also need ecu flashed to remove 186mph top speed limiter.

Ya i see now that I entered the numbers again.. How much loss in accel do you feel with the 41 tooth rear for everyday riding. I'm considering different options currently

Ya i see now that I entered the numbers again.. How much loss in accel do you feel with the 41 tooth rear for everyday riding. I'm considering different options currently

Buy a 46t rear, for everyday riding.
Rpm's only up by 600.
Combine with ecu flash, a much more avgressive throttle response and acceleration.
Put 41t on for top speed.
Easy swap, and mirrors need removed too.
Tires and tire pressure per conditions.
Suspension sag set.
Both 41t and 46t fit the stock chain, with room for adjustment.
Keep the chain clean, and changing sprockets won't suddenly kill it or it's lifespan.

Buy a 46t rear, for everyday riding.
Rpm's only up by 600.
Combine with ecu flash, a much more avgressive throttle response and acceleration.
Put 41t on for top speed.
Easy swap, and mirrors need removed too.
Tires and tire pressure per conditions.
Suspension sag set.
Both 41t and 46t fit the stock chain, with room for adjustment.
Keep the chain clean, and changing sprockets won't suddenly kill it or it's lifespan.

The lower gearing Six reconmends is a good thing , I wanted to try out 46t rear on Six's advice , but have stopped at 45t ( 530 stock chain ) because I run RS10 200/55 tire and have run out of acceptable swingarm / tire room . Even just this combo felt better , and I have no doubt that 190/55 or /50 & 46t combo would be awesome . Was going to 520 chain , but am leaving 530 and be happy with it , I am guilty of obsession of weight etc on Busa , and after all, it is a streeter , so I am going to concentrate on reducing my own fat ass weight instead ...LOL.

The lower gearing Six reconmends is a good thing , I wanted to try out 46t rear on Six's advice , but have stopped at 45t ( 530 stock chain ) because I run RS10 200/55 tire and have run out of acceptable swingarm / tire room . Even just this combo felt better , and I have no doubt that 190/55 or /50 & 46t combo would be awesome . Was going to 520 chain , but am leaving 530 and be happy with it , I am guilty of obsession of weight etc on Busa , and after all, it is a streeter , so I am going to concentrate on reducing my own fat ass weight instead ...LOL.
Hi. What is your front sprocket? For LSR I will be running a 20 tooth front and a 38 or 36 rear if it will fit the DYMAG I will also with a 180 to 200 \55 rear. 180 = less weight 200= more grip. For street and drag I will run a 19 front and 43 rear and a 200\50 rear. I have a 6 in to 12 in over swing arm 6 in LSR 12 in drag. The 19 / 43 went 6.46 at over 225 MPH on the DME bike named Tink Tink. I should be making over 630 RW HP. Look up DME Racing very good site.

Hi. What is your front sprocket? For LSR I will be running a 20 tooth front and a 38 or 36 rear if it will fit the DYMAG I will also with a 180 to 200 \55 rear. 180 = less weight 200= more grip. For street and drag I will run a 19 front and 43 rear and a 200\50 rear. I have a 6 in to 12 in over swing arm 6 in LSR 12 in drag. The 19 / 43 went 6.46 at over 225 MPH on the DME bike named Tink Tink. I should be making over 630 RW HP. Look up DME Racing very good site.
I am going to run in LSR classes M/B 1000 to 1350. 1350 to 1650. 1650 to 2000. Also MPS/B as above. You can run up in CCs classes.

hayabusa4life forgive me if this was already discussed, but what tires did you run during your pass?

Before anything I want to thank everyone who made this possible, special thanks to Melvin who helped me through the day with all the running around, J.P. and Ransom they got my bike back on track, and Josh (Gotbusa) for all the coaching and answering my endless questions.
Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Back in September 2014, I attended the Ecta Street bike challenge.
I got there Friday, got all set up, went through tech and got ready for the next day.

Saturday I started racing, but the bike was running bad, I couldn't go faster than 135-145 mph, I thought I had too tall gears, so I change the rear sprocket back to stock, rode the bike again and still didn't make any difference, When they closed the track for the day I went back to the hotel and downloaded couple differents maps for the pcv.

Sunday morning I remap the pcv and attempt another run with no success, lucky for me I contacted someone at the track and they helped me reflash the ecu, (that was the problem) the bike came to life running high 190's, but the day was almost over:banghead:, I ended up hooking back the pcv (which I disconnect before thinking that was part of the problem) I also pour some race fuel (I was running low by the end of the day) and manage to run 200mph before the day was over:banana:. At this point I was very happy, but I wished I had more time to try the other sprocket again.

I'm looking forward to the 2015 season, I still want to try that sprocket :laugh:

View attachment 279812
Congrats bro

Here ya go big man.....

download (1).png

I know, I know....I posted the fishing picture....

However a good question was posed to me yesterday on this subject...

My BMW riding neighbor asked why a stock '99 Busa was able to go 194 mph on GPS and even an ECU re-flashed gen 2 with more stock hp can't go faster....

I read a bunch of (older) posts on here and each of them said the gearing is wrong as well as a whole myriad of other requirements to reach 200mph...(taller tires, lose weight, higher windshield, etc).

Was something done to the '99 bike to get it to 194 mph? The run was in '99 and would there be any aftermarket support at that time?

200.gif

Back