Air Horn / Denali Soundbomb Split On Busa Gen 2 ?

diablo_01

Registered
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone tried to install an air horn , specifically the denali soundbomb split.
If anyone can post some pictures/ videos that would be appreciated.

Cheers !

denali.jpg

Last edited:
I installed one last year. I mounted the compressor just above the radiator and the horn forward of that; attached with velcro to the side of the left ram air duct. I cut a hole in the trim panel that mounts underneath the forward nose cowl in order for the horn to protrude through and have maximum volume. It was a real chore finding a spot to fit both pieces but it works well with only about 14 inches or so of hose. You will need to replace the stock fuse with a higher value, can't remember what I used right now. I installed the horn using the OEM horn wires hooked directly to the compressor. The SoundBomb is a fantastic horn and really gets people's attention; unlike the OEM sorry-excuse-for-a-horn. I can get a few photos tomorrow if you like.

image.png
image.png
I mounted my Stebel under the tank on the right side. Didn't take it apart, just fit great under the insulation.
Troy

Wired mine with the oem one, and added another fuse in
line. This way I have at least my road runner meep meep if the Stebel fails.
Troy

Thanks guys for the replies. The horn was installed the same way @Samaki did. Now, its been only 2 days and I am already having issues with it. After a two hour ride the horn stopped working. Instead of hearing the horn I hear a buzzing sound. it almost seemed like the compressor did not send any air to the horn ( not sure if it make sense).. anyway , I left the bike for about 3 hours and started it back up again and the horn worked. This poop is driving me crazy , is it supposed to act this way ?

It is possible that the hose is not secure on the compressor. I installed mine with a ty-wrap around it after having a similar issue and it has been working fine.

I put some sickspeed horns on my bike. I was worried about the current draw thru the stock horn wires so I wires in a relay directly to the battery.

A quick web search found a plug and play kit for $26. If that was avalible when I was doing my horn I would have gone with that.

I was thinking I was going to switch to an air horn and now I see one comes pre split. Thanks for the info.

I love this horn , I took the bike all day yesterday and did not have any issues with it ( I rechecked the wiring and tightened them again), I am just worried that it's gonna happen when you'll need it the most .
I am going to put some zip ties like @Samaki said and see if that would do the trick. I also read that people that had issues with this horn or the *stebel nautilus* have put WD-40 into the compressor duct and let it soaked for a few hours, some have changed the relay to a Bosch one ..... hopefully I won't have to go through that.

I don't have the pictures anymore but I mounted the air horn in the stock position and ran the compressor lines all the way back to the hump. I was worried the long lines would be a problem but it worked just fine. Loud enough to hear at 70 mph with helmet on and ear buds blasting music. People would jump when they heard it. Eventually the mount broke and I decided to use the tail space for cruise control.

Something to note..and possibly part of ur problem...
Install the relay with the terminals facing down to drain in case they get wet (still wrapped in electrical tape of course). Had issues with relays on other bikes going bad very quickly. Facing the terminals down keeps them dryer and corrosion happens slower. Haven't had any issues this was so far btw.
Troy

Back