Canyon Dancer Size?

InfiniteReality

Registered
I'm not near the bike, but while it's on my mind I need to order some to secure the bike on the lift. I searched here with no luck for what size is needed. I mounted a decent wheel chock on the lift and while it secures the bike I'd feel a little more comfortable tying it down while it's in the air and working on it.

What size does everyone buy? I have Heli Bars, but don't remember if they added any overall length to the bars.

Thank you!

20160814_200255.jpg

The short version is 28"
The standard is 32" bars
The x-wide version is for bars up to 36" wide.
The ones I use say for bars from 24-34" wide but they are bike master.
I measured and pick accordingly

Last edited:
I didn't know they came in sizes but that wheel chock is all you need on the lift. Look into the rear axle chock .............

I didn't know they came in sizes but that wheel chock is all you need on the lift. Look into the rear axle chock .............

Yep they do, so off top of my head I'm not sure which to order. I don't fully trust the wheel chock, the bike still has side to side movement and I even replaced the adjustment pins for bolts and washers so there was no play in it. Just being paranoid and how my luck has been lately, just playing it safe.

I never considered looking into a rear chock. That may be the easiest and best solution. Thanks!

I just checked mine and there isn't a label on it anywhere. Last night I spent some time trying to locate a rear chock, I know they exist because I have seen them in person but I'll be darned if I could find anything

I just checked mine and there isn't a label on it anywhere. Last night I spent some time trying to locate a rear chock, I know they exist because I have seen them in person but I'll be darned if I could find anything

I appreciate it. I ended up measuring my bars last night and came out to 29" so I ordered the 32" off Amazon. I'm looking forward to using them and it'll be nice to trailer the bike some where safely. :)

Just be careful because you can damage the bike if you're not careful and if you ever use them on a trailer to transport your bike make absolutely sure the straps don't contact your fairings, they will remove the finish.

My lift has a wheel clamp that is bolted to the lift. You could get another chock that you bolt to the lift. If you don't worry about it falling out of the chock on the floor, wouldn't be much different on the lift.

I just use a strap and strap the front wheel to the chock. There is a little play but I would have to yank it over pretty hard for it to fall. I hate the other straps because they always seem to be in the way. I didn't use my stand for a long time because of this.

My lift has a wheel clamp that is bolted to the lift. You could get another chock that you bolt to the lift. If you don't worry about it falling out of the chock on the floor, wouldn't be much different on the lift.
Mine was free and didn't have a ramp, the front wheel clamp or the support bar the lift lands on so pressure isn't on hydraulics (still need to get one), but for the price I can't complain, lol. I got an actual wheel chock that I bolted onto the lift, as well as took all the play out of it. I think I'm being overly paranoid, but rather safe than sorry by same token.

I just use a strap and strap the front wheel to the chock. There is a little play but I would have to yank it over pretty hard for it to fall. I hate the other straps because they always seem to be in the way. I didn't use my stand for a long time because of this.
I didn't consider to strap the front wheel to the chock, may give that a try. I used washers and bolts/nuts to remove as much play as possible, the pins the chock came with scared me, lol. I can see these straps possibly being in the way, just due to the lift's width....I'll find out here in a few hours. :) I agree with you, it'd take a lot to actually make it fall and likely I'm just being paranoid and overly cautious. I think part of the reason is because I lowsided couple weeks ago, haha

Just be careful because you can damage the bike if you're not careful and if you ever use them on a trailer to transport your bike make absolutely sure the straps don't contact your fairings, they will remove the finish.

Good advice! I transported a Ducati 999 in a pickup from Montana to California and placed folded towels under the straps as I tightened them down. Worked perfectly.

Just a quick test fit. The straps are too close for comfort to fairings use chock tie downs. May try edge of lift to kick them out some

20160826_154630.jpg

Try strapping here. Also anything that compresses the suspension is not a great idea for longer road trips. You can blow a seal. Also, getting the bike off of the wheel chock can be a bit difficult up on the lift. I welded a metal foot lever to the runner the wheel goes into so I can step on it with my foot and it lifts up so the bike just rolls out - much easier especially if you usually work alone. I sold the wheel chock so I don't have a picture but its a pretty obvious mod.

Tie downs.png

Try strapping here. Also anything that compresses the suspension is not a great idea for longer road trips. You can blow a seal. Also, getting the bike off of the wheel chock can be a bit difficult up on the lift. I welded a metal foot lever to the runner the wheel goes into so I can step on it with my foot and it lifts up so the bike just rolls out - much easier especially if you usually work alone. I sold the wheel chock so I don't have a picture but its a pretty obvious mod.

I like your securing idea, would make life simple if didn't have to use the CD's. Definitely will be give it a go. Also really dig the idea of the foot lever, just like you said getting the bike off the chock is a pain by yourself. First time I got the bike off, had to get the wife to come out there and push on the front of the bike and still wasn't easy. I did move the wheel chock up a notch, but haven't tested it to see if it's any easier.....likely won't be.

I did move the straps to go down on some holes about below the bars. While it's a better solution than what I had, it's not ideal for removing fairings. I'm looking forward to strapping the front wheel down and adding a foot lever to it, thanks for the suggestions!

Back