gotta ask (Busa Good First Bike?)

I think you've already answered your own question, you ride dirt bikes and you sound like your mature enough to know fun from stupidity just go for it!

I've riden street bikes for 20 years and I feel I am just now ready for mine. I've never had too much of a tendency to show my as unless I were to happen to have necked a couple cold ones.........ya see........self control has come slowly for me no matter how mature I felt I was. I think for most all this is not a good srarting point, but I realize how little I actually know....as I age I know even less. Peace

Wow a 13 year old thread still alive and well lol all gear all the time and it's just as dangerous as someone on a 600 doing 150 lol insurance would be more then bike payment depending on age though. At 32 one ticket in 3 years still at $110 a month insurance. At 20 I could only imagine that quote hahahaha

okay here goes a thrashing from you to me, and yes ive read almost everything in the first-time void area:

I am 22 going on 40(maturity level
rock.gif
)
married
smile.gif

in the USAF
unclesam.gif

extremely responsible
bored.gif

i have abundant common sense
idea.gif

i am not a hotdogger
grim.gif

i've owned and ridden DIRTBIKES since I was 9
starting from 80 to 250cc and have been in a head on collision that almost killed the other guy(he had to be airlifted out of there) and left a nice souvenir on my arm

but i have not owned any streetbikes and have only ridden my friend's bike a few times (not even worth mentioning)
purpose behind wanting the Busa: pure cruising enjoyment
cool.gif

also you can call it love at first site
inlove.gif

okay thats who i am, now judge me with any rational reasons why I shouldnt get this bike, i promise i wont get mad
Personally I would say no. Not until you have developed road bike skills. I've been on busas now for over a decade and if you don't have some big bike experience, it will bite you but once you are both familiar and confident you won't find many bikes more enjoyable and exhilarating to ride, as an Instructor I do see many riders riding beyond their skill level. Big difference between an F16 and a busa , both thrilling no doubt. Safe riding Mike

Back