Charcoal & Orange Hayabusa Pictures?

As much as I'd like to, I've been working 7 nights a week since mid April. Kind of sucks working nights, seems there's no time for anything before going to bed and after waking up. It won't be too much longer and I'll be back on days and down to 50hr weeks. I have a list of stuff to accomplish on the bike, but can't wait to get started. Also a Galfer SS clutch line install too, figured since I need to change the fluid may as well upgrade it to match all my brakes.
That's funny. I feel like I can get more done when I'm on nights. When I'm on days i can't run too many errands because by the time I get off at 7pm, banks and all are closed. Hope you can get through all your nights soon and get some rest. We are all looking forward to your reviews and pics of the bike assembled. I'm curious to see how you titanium can is going to look against those colors.

I'm looking forward to getting the nights over with, but do enjoy the $$$!! One of the main reasons I'm putting it off is because I don't want any down time on the bike, I've been religiously riding it to work every evening.....my only enjoyment going to work. :) as far as the titanium pipe matching, I'm curious too... Figure worse case I can do like I wanted to when I originally built the bike and have it powdercoated translucent black. May end up doing that anyways now that Im reminded about it.

I gotcha now Aaron. I'm equally as excited to see how they all look together. After this turn around is over I plan to take a few days off and install everything at the same time. I think I'm looking more forward to the retrofit than the fairings, lol. Planning on doing real carbon fiber inside the headlight instead of painting it.

Last edited:
Thar carbon in the headlight would be a first i think. See now i may change my mind also.

Thar carbon in the headlight would be a first i think. See now i may change my mind also.
I thought so too, but while it'll likely be a first on a Hayabusa it won't be as far as retrofits. I thought it would be too.

Damn sexy for sure!
DSC05459.jpg

Gonna look awesome...however, I might have tried to keep my lower a darker color, as those bright colors will show every piece of tar/rubber/dirt/nick from what come off your front tire (hint; that's why they are usually dark) :)

Man, you have a point there. I didn't consider that. I did try with the lower dark but didn't like the combo as much. I may look into getting some clear 3M and cut to fit down there.

You and me both! I want to do the retrofit before, but it may be wise to get fairings, tires, maintenance done/fit first then worry about the retrofits. Just don't want the bike to be down for long, been riding it daily for a while now.

Finally started. Took seeing my rear tire bald in the center to force the bike to get taken apart. Getting new ones mounted today and hope by the end of the weekend the new plastics will be on.

Retrofit on headlight and tail light will have to wait, plus won't be a bad idea to make sure everything lines up good first and I can take my time with the lighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep and was originally for color options....not pictures. Plus add the 5-6 weeks for them to get here. Plus I worked nights for 3 months and had alot of catching up around the house and shop before I can invest time in the bike. but alas, all the above was mentioned throughout the thread.

I got alot done, but not near what I expected to.
Cleaned up the shop
finished painting the free motorcycle lift and anchoring it to the concrete
made some new 1/4" steel brackets for the nitrous bottle
painted the nitrous bottle, brackets & bottle holder and installed
organized all my weatherproof connectors (thanks China!) to get ready for the SLC build
changed oil/filter on the bike
flushed & installed braided SS clutch line
installed new rear wave brake rotor
installed both wheels with the new tires and adjusted chain
installed new air filter
tested out new mirrors

But most importantly I removed tank and installed the tank cover. Kind of crazy how the gray changes color depending on lighting and there's no metallic or pearl in it. In the shop lighting it looks medium gray in sunlight it looks dark charcoal gray.

20160727_164651.jpg

20160729_165940.jpg

20160729_202737.jpg

20160729_232237.jpg

20160731_160012.jpg

20160731_193628.jpg

20160731_1939240.jpg

20160731_205226.jpg

Looks like you are making good progress. I love the sense of accomplishment after doing a lot of things on the bike or other vehicles.! I feel like I gained 15hp after putting fresh oil in my car. Lol!!

I'm with you on that for sure. I was actually disappointed and didn't feel like I accomplished alot until I posted that and listed it all. I think I can focus on installing fairings first thing this weekend.

My pictures didn't post. Guess I shouldn't have used the site to upload them, will update above post with pictures.

I took this picture of my old reservoir cap and just noticed I had put it on my "to do" list. Still a ways to go, but been down for 2 weeks and I'm ready to get back on the bike and ride. That'll give me time to do the retrofits.

Speaking of pics, I'm not seeing most. Those simply posted like IR's just above me is just an icon with the filename. When I see snapshots like in IR's post 3 above this one, I see the snapshots at the bottom but when I try and expand them it goes to a black window and it shows all the snapshots on the bottom and they disappear one right after another without them blowing up and it goes back to the regular forum page. Anyone know what might be going on?

Back