1397 Hp Numbers?

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
So I recently got my bike back from Goldenchild, 1397 with cams and a carpenter head, on an HMF dual hi mount. Bike pulls stupid hard, but it only made 192/109 on the dyno. There's a lot of meat under the curve, and he said the cams are moderate to aggressive street cams, but it seems like it should've put down more power. I'm happy with it, easy starts, even when warm, great idle, great throttle response, nearly identical fuel economy. For comparison, it only made 154 when I dropped it off, and that's with a full exhaust and the big airbox mod, so some fairly significant gains happened.

Anyhow, I was curious what you big bore guys were throwing down, the numbers across the interwebs vary wildly.

Looks like you done good! Don't get caught in a dyno race. 9 times out of 10 its irrelevant. A dyno is a good tool for tuning! Your numbers look respectable! Enjoy your bike now and log some wins from the dyno sheet racers!

That number is fine . There's a bunch of 1397 set ups and many make way different numbers , first off the header pipe is a factor in hp numbers as is the tire thats on it( when on Dyno) , for example my carpenter 1397 made 224hp with a Ti Force Sumo on it , Cp light weight pistons and a bunch of other things to add up to hp numbers . Most 1397 builds make 190's to 220's all depends on cams and all the other goodies . Same bike now a 1441 made 235 on pump gas after final tune , Five more Hp on CHP race gas

any stock-ish gen 2's in the PNW wanna play this weekend? just for a reasonable comparison?

mine makes 195hp with 120 torque. friend did the work. cams/alien head/brock intake cam. never had the head decked or port and polish. wont at this point. good enough till the g3 comes. if it ever does.

your numbers sound spot on..... Idk if you ever seen my thread on my busa build but I had my engine completely rebuilt by Knecum Performance and I kept a stock bore. My busa pulled 180/102 on his Dyno. That's with (Carpenter P&P, CP high comp Pistons, Carrillo rods, Yosh racing cams, etc.)

I sat down with him for quite a while discussing my build and the #'s it made. He pretty much explained how much I gained roughly from each upgrade and how his Dyno isn't over inflated like some other shops that boast big #'s. He said that if I did a 1397 with the same parts it would roughly add 10 or so more HP so your numbers add up and make sense.

He told me how he's gotten bikes and refreshed the engines and re Dyno'd them and they were 10-15HP less than what they previously had from another shop...... He then had to break down and explain to them how you can manipulate the Dyno by cooler temps, fuel additives, tire pressure, type of Dyno, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Dyno is the key factor Sir, just keep it up

o.png

Don't worry about he dyno I can show you a run on my 1441 that made 179 and another that made considerable more with the same tune. Take it to the track and get some real numbers to compare to others

mine makes 195hp with 120 torque. friend did the work. cams/alien head/brock intake cam. never had the head decked or port and polish. wont at this point. good enough till the g3 comes. if it ever does.
what cams did you use, also that's exactly what I'm thinking instead of getting a gen 2!

ok so it was done several years ago but as I remember it I did a 1397 kit by Brock Davidson putting a Brock intake cam I think on the exhaust side as weird as that sounds. After that I had JE pistons put in. Nothing done to the head as far as port and polish or decking it. Other than that the cams degree was changed but I dont recall to what. It was dyno tuned by the ecu not a power commander. tuned to 89 octane. Thats all I think. If y

Back