build options

• turbo

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • built motor

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • gen2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No. Sorry. Gen 2 busas are not keeping up with the newer 14s. Seat time n a little stretch, nothing more will get u in the 8s with a 14. You aren't going to do that with a gen 2.

thanks guys you answered my question. iam going to just keep my busa and drag race it the way it is for now. I will start looking for a zx14r for cheap and build that up for my lsr goal. my busa is almost done just needs a nitrous controller and a rear shock set up for the bike.

I told you the zx14 for drag race purposes. You can keep them somewhat stock and be in the 8s with no problems and seat time can get you even faster. I am as skeptical as anyone until I see it with my own eyes but my friends 2014 with a +13 arm, hook up, brocks exhaust (with no tune), and Hornedo on the seat turned an 8.67. Im still not sure I believe it, and I don't want to believe it, but I saw the time slip. Of course he is a pro and knows the clutch on that specific model extensively. I do not know the LSR capabilities of that bike. But you are right, make your bike as fast as it can go before you make any decisions and just shop around in the meantime. The closer you can keep a bike to stock, the more dependable and trouble free it will be. You will also likely not have the suspension dial ins, tune with weather change needs and datalogging scrutinizing going on like anyone with a built bike. Ive seen guys with $20k turbo bikes that should run in the 7s not be able to hook up and leave the track more pissed off than a snake, or cooked clutch packs left and right and inability to dial in a high dollar clutch. That's no fun. Some of us drive significant distances to the track and leaving with a broke bike is a frustrating and common experience when you dial up the hp.

what makes u think someone can't go drag racing and roll on racing? not sure why u think racing a bike is limited to one or the other. and trap speeds tell you what kinda of HP ur making so if ur bike doesn't trap high then it aint fast period. I don't care what ur 60 foot or 330 is. and plenty of ZX-14's both trap a high speed and launch fine and do well in the 1/4.

in fact, its much easier and cheaper to go fast with a ZX-14 then it is a Busa simply cause they make more POWER!

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was stating this assuming a SWB and possibly lowered or even stock height. I am also stating the rider being an average to above average rider as well not a seasoned Pro. I was on a SWB tangent so excuse the hell out of me. :rolleyes:

I found a local with a 2012 zx14r with 870 miles on it for a good price. it already has flash ecu, pcv, qs, exhaust, lowered. I might just go pick it up and use that for my lsr bike and just drag race the busa

So I didn't buy a zx14r since I didn't want to drop that kind of money up front. I did how ever bought a 1397 motor that made 205 hp. I got it for a super good deal. Going to install that soon and get it tuned on mrx01 and a small 40 shot. Right now iam rocking the stock motor with a 50 shot. Going to up it to 60 this weekend and make it out to the track one last time on stock motor. I want to see what it traps and what kind of et I can pull out of the bike. Hope I can get into the 8s and trap at less 150s

Well my 05 Street bike has the following.
I am Running a Hahn Turbo (it was what was available in 05)
a Hahn Secondary Fuel rail ( I Understand you can now use larger injectors and not need this)
7lbs of boost. got me to an honest 235 hp at the rear wheel . (this is running out through a custom mid pipe and a Micron Can This combo was neat but did not give the low end torque I wanted and it could be a bit dicey to lay into it in the corners. I swapped in a gen 2 crank (1omm stroke increase ) Now at 5lbs of boost I 220 at the rear wheel at 6k. It is very predictable smooth power . Gone is that surprise ripping the wheel loose in the corner and the surprise role on wheelies.
Everything is tucked in and it does nothing to announce itself.
busa.jpg

"NHGUNNUT"

That is exactly what I want to do to my 06, nice smooth, predictable power and tucked away so no one is the wiser.

I had a turbo busa last year. It had the Mr turbo kit on it. I loved it and the power wasn't crazy surprising to me. I sold that to focus on my drag bike. Next year I plan on getting another turbo busa and have that as my daily rider

Back