Got The New Bike Home. 580 Miles In An Evening.

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Drove rental up to Florida Pan Handle 590 miles and then rode bike down. Got home at 7am the next day after leaving at 9am the previous day. Read all the comments from both zx websites and here as well as local peeps on Facebook about zx-14. Still Love Busas too but have new understanding of differences at least from my 06. Busa has much better sound stock. Zx sound like any other bike. Busa does have a vibration but I like to feel the power, there is no vibration no matter how hard you flog a Zx. Still have not grown accustomed to back end of ZX but still not use to newer Busa back end either. The foot pegs are much more aggressive. Busa gets much better gas mileage. Busa feels like it has more low end power but think it is the traction control. The headlights are amazing stock on zx, the bike feels much lighter when moving, especially at low speeds, shifts smoother, less wind on you at speed. Less pain for me in legs on long ride, stock Busa seat was more comfortable though. I feel like it manuvers much easier at slower speeds but feels less flickable at over 80 mph than Busa. LOVE THE BRAKES! Other than foot pegs, which I feel I'll get use to, it is much more comfortable ride and happy I got the Zx. At least until we have Gen 3 come out then might kick myself in ass. Also uploaded pic of my helmet after first 100 miles. N Florida bugs don't mess around!
20160602_184625.jpg
20160602_221003.jpg

Ahh the joys of night riding - not !:firing:

Anyway a great way of getting the gist of a new ride , a road trip :thumbsup:

I know that feeling. When I bought my Busa I flew to SoCal and rode it back on the coast hiway. Great day!

Busa does make more down low over the 1441R and will pull 1/8 mile wins but gets beat on top end 1/4 mile . 14 is nice just so hard to service . Congratulations on the ride

Back