Rubbing/vibration After Chain Adjustment

KUNTRY

Registered
I'm back yall... I came down to Charlotte yesterday and heard a rubbing noise and noticed my chain going slack. I tightened it once but it still had sick in it and was still rubbing on the top of that rubber piece on top of the swing arm. I tightened again and after riding around the corner I came back and it was still making that rubbing noise and even had a lititle vibration when I go to stop. I've never had a problem with the chain rubbing like that until I put this extension kit on it. And body ever run into this problem or any can help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Once you start screwing around with something that changes stock chassis dimensions, all bets are off on about anything.
As the swingarm moves through an arc with it's center point (swingarm pivot) and the chain moves through its arc with its center (the front sprocket) you have a lot of stuff going on there as far as changing chain length due to radius differences.
People with extended arms can correct me if I'm wrong but I'd adjust the chain by taking some tie downs and sucking the rear of the bike down so the C/S, swingarm pivot and rear axle all line up in a straight line that should be where the chain is the tightest, set your slack, it'll it'll probably rub on the block but it is what it is.

Back