Rear Wheel Problem

pcosho

Registered
Hi guys haven't been on here in a long while sorry about that just been super busy. I have a 08 busa with a what I believe is a defective rear tire. Its a dunlop q3 sportmax number 2 at that. First one lasted literally 50 feet due to a nail! I'll post a video of how I fixed that in a few if I can figure out how (im old school). Here's my question should you be able to see any movement on the rear tire when it's on the stand ? It has a slight sort of wobble. It just doesn't feel right. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Rim looks true. You can see the tire move like it's not round. This is the second one both were new!

I took the wheel off again for the 5th time gonna take it to a different shop and see what they say. I appreciate the help.

You said that you patched the tire, it could have a broken belt

No I burned that one down to the cords in 44 seconds but I can't get the video to upload. I bought another brand new one same tire. I bought it off ebay. I hope it's not a defective tire! I've paid 120.00 in mounting fees already.

Well guys another defective dunlop q3. They are sending me a replacement for the last time. If it's not true I'm giving up on dunlops!

I'm on my second rear and have not had a problem , also have a extra for the track still wrapped maybe its the place your getting them from

The Dunlop Q3 is the most popular track day tire available. Tons of those tires out there and this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about the tire not being round. I think maybe you are expecting too much from the tire. I've never had a tire that was perfectly round.

Yeah that's why I bought them. I took it to a reputable dealership and they said it was defective. I have a few videos but cannot get them to upload. If anyone wants to text me ill be glad to send them the videos. I'm about to just give up and trade it off. Never had a problem until I put this brand tire on it. I've owned the bike for 7yrs! Thanks guys

No I burned that one down to the cords in 44 seconds but I can't get the video to upload. I bought another brand new one same tire. I bought it off ebay. I hope it's not a defective tire! I've paid 120.00 in mounting fees already.

$120 to mount a tire? :shocked:

Rim looks true. You can see the tire move like it's not round. This is the second one both were new!
Even if the rim looks true, it may be worth a shot I getting it checked , if the rim is porous it may appear ok but slightly distorted. I had this issue on my 2014 model on the front tyre not holding pressure despite 3 times taking tyre off to check all possible areas for it to leak, remember they're cast alloy.

The Dunlop Q3 is the most popular track day tire available. Tons of those tires out there and this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about the tire not being round. I think maybe you are expecting too much from the tire. I've never had a tire that was perfectly round.
What tuf said. Every Car and motorcycle tire I've had wasn't perfectly round. I guess it depends what you call perfectly round. If it balances fine and rides smooth, I'm good.

Back