01 Busa Feels Like Its Lagging

HoseIRMC

Registered
So I just had new rings put in, cylinders honed, block off plates put on, installed a PC5. All this was because I thought it was a good idea to blow my back tire and let someone else try it. Long story short I blew the motor and it took me 5 months and a boat load of cash to get it back up... With that being said I have a new issue that has landed in my lap. When I'm riding and I hold the throttle steady my bike seems to lag (Best way I can think to describe it). So I will hold the throttle perfectly steady and be cruising along then the bike gets a sudden burst of power then seems like it looses fuel all within a matter of 2 seconds. I thought it was because I haven't had the PC5 actually tuned but I've been led to believe that maybe because the bike was down for 5 months maybe my fuel filter has gone bad. What do you guys think the cause of this might be? TIA

Just trying to see it from different peoples point of view before I dig back into her.

Did you use the power commander software to set the TPS min and max? I think mine did something similar to that with the PC3usb before I set it.

Last edited:
Did you use the power commander software to set the TPS min and max? I think mine did something similar to that with the PC3usb before I set it.

I let the shop hook it all up since my bike was in getting the motor rebuilt and the cylinders honed. Ill have to call and see if they played with that. I know I had to buy a new TPS (175$) so they should have had it all adjusted but IDK. I'll definitely make a call to ask them about it.

Back