Need Pictures of Touring Busa's

Bike master Heated grips display . 5 power lvls , and displays voltage of bike . However it is off from a FLUKE digital multi meter by 2 tenths of a volt .
FYI key it through a relay or switched power as the display back light never turns off = drawing power even with bike off

Wish i call this a touring busa too....my wife n i..uses this busa on our ling trips n also my daily commuting bike. I also fitted with trottle arrester...tank bag if required...additional manually operated radiator fan( mine is gen 1 busa)...very humid here in asia...

Also RAM gps/phone holder and a set of usb/12v cigarette charger/ socket fir my gps n mobile..or lighter.

I always bring

1. Necessary tools
2. Air compressor if tyre punctures
3. Extra rectifier
4.extra starter switch
5. Extra cables and wires and 20amp fuse.

IMG-20160413-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20160321-WA0050.jpg

Last edited:
Hi reggie;

I am very much fascinated with your experience riding in europe!.

Few things i like to ask you..

Can we share email/ contact please.

I am from malaysia.

zulkifli@uitm-utssb.com

+6010225 8770

Reply to me please

Thnx

It's not pretty but it does the job requested. Two up fully loaded riding. I dont as you can see have the top box on the rear in this picture.
I had fallen out of love with my busa and had considered either a german bike or a Yamaha FJR1300. Im back in love with my busa now after seeing what a mistake it would be to sell it on. I have plan's for new paint this year,but that can be for a different thread.
P8100276.JPG

When I got my bike I wanted to make it as much a sport-TOURER as I could, I really liked where ldryder went with his bike, many of my mods are along the same lines. I have a Corbin saddle and the rear with the back rest which I'll probably be selling in favor of a Russel Day-Long, if I'm going to keep her (made a half-hearted attempt at selling it due to bad knees, but she's just so much fun to ride!).

IMG_2657.jpg

I took her to Key West earlier this year, which was a fun trip. Some camping, some hotels, great ride, but rained most of the days.

IMG_6122.jpg

But not all of them! :)

IMG_3685.JPG

The Key West wet weather trip ruined my Tour Master Centurion suit that I'd ridden through all of Alaska with (everywhere with roads anyway) pre-Busa (on my DR650 for most of those adventures). It failed and I was soaked for a day, bought a Home Depot rain suit which shredded in the wind, bought the only suit available the next day when a motorcycle store was finally open (which also shredded), and all that led me to my best recent comfort mod: a Roadcrafter for wet weather riding! Got a great deal, new with tags and a perfect fit for $500!

Today I installed my most recent farkle, the AdMore lighting kit for my V56NN topcase. Now it has built in amber blinkers/hazards and a very bright tail/brake light that flashes in time with my BackOff brake light modulator! Love it, much more visible now with all the luggage on board, plus it allowed me to plug back in my regular blinkers and ditch the ugly SW-Motech tiny blinkers that were flanking my license plate. Much more attractive rear end now!

Blrry

Man, part of me thinks I'd love a ride from Alaska to Key West, and maybe someday I'll do that, but I don't have enough vacation to do that and enjoy it, so after retirement I'll look into it. Probably do that trip on a Goldwing or an R1200GS though, and take the wife with me! For now, I took that trip from San Antonio. Still a great ride, but not nearly so epic :)

Back