Top speed you have achieved on your stock busa?

I did a pre-run and had a friend block the only "crossover u-turn point" in a two mile stretch. My runs were rolling start to just over a mile, maybe 1 1/8 mile.

I'm courious for those that answered. Did you pre-run to check for road debris, holes, traffic volume, etc., or did you say, "No one is looking, here I go."?
Have 10 miles of straight mostly vacant highway near my house and used two spotters with cell phones. Don’t need a trip to jail. Early mornings on the weekends are best. The gray line you see in the pic is two lanes heading north next to that is a wide flat dirt median and two lanes going south on the left side. Very wide open.

10_mile.JPG

I agree with Phantom! I have not seen a stock busa yet that will reach redline in 6th gear unless you have a nice down hill grade. Flat ground, just don't have the power to reach redline! The last 15 MPH comes very slowly. Like Phantom said, when you are going that fast you can't hear the limiter and when you just bump it, you probably won't feel it?

Scooter Girl has to get out of those tennis shoes if she wants to go over 150?

181 stock and 2O4 on the gps with current mods less gearing.
I can see, YOU'VE been a Baaaaaaaaaaaad Boy  
laugh.gif
All on a closed circuit with safety personnel.
laugh.gif

Yes I did a few runs to check the road.

phantom is right, even if you were to hit it you really cant tell. Its not the same as when youre bouncin the revs in a low gear. You need a Gps and most importantly you need to stay low and concentrated on the task at hand. It is not as easy to pull top mph when youre runnin on a gps. Its alot different than the indicated speed on the speedo

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137010156 -->

laugh.gif

165 per speedo on backroad in Idaho. Can't wait to get my supercharger and smack out 220 at Bonniville.
biggrin.gif
But that takes $$$.

I havent had my 06 past 80 so far , but stock according to GPS , have to remember speedo reads slower than your really going. Full out against the revlimiter is like 190 - 196 actual , indicated just over 185 on the speedo. for the new models anyway. Atleast thats what ive heard from a few of the guys here.

I havent had my 06 past 80 so far , but stock according to GPS , have to remember speedo reads slower than your really going. Full out against the revlimiter is like 190 - 196 actual , indicated just over 185 on the speedo. for the new models anyway. Atleast thats what ive heard from a few of the guys here.
huh?
rock.gif
??? That's sounds oddly extreme on so many levels. I've NEVER seen/heard someone posting their new busa read wrong on the LOW side. do you have any more details about this?

I agree with Phantom! I have not seen a stock busa yet that will reach redline in 6th gear unless you have a nice down hill grade. Flat ground, just don't have the power to reach redline! The last 15 MPH comes very slowly. Like Phantom said, when you are going that fast you can't hear the limiter and when you just bump it, you probably won't feel it?

maybe a 16/42 gear makes the difference but I can tell you I both felt and heard the limiter. Not that it really matters.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137087473 -->

Sorry it was a late night and i guess i got stuck on stupid while posting , completely explained that ass backwards lol. Somehow i got totally mixed up. Speedo reads 220 , your actually going around 197... sorry thats what was in my head and i got twisted like a twizler.... no more late nights lol. The newer ones with the limiters and #### without the limiter being taken off strain to hit atoung 170 actual. Heard some people complaining about trying to get it past 150-160. Anyway sorry about the throw around lol.

The newer ones with the limiters and #### without the limiter being taken off strain to hit atoung 170 actual. Heard some people complaining about trying to get it past 150-160.
I think those people just panic. I managed 181 GPS'd on a 4200 mile old rear tire before coming up on traffic, and that was bone stock.

Before the speedohealer, I am pretty sure my speedo was right around 170 ....however, at that speed, I don't spend much time looking at my guages:p

I put the speedohealer in, set it at -7%. Haven't had the opportunity to go anywhere yet..but took a quick blast tuesday on a new chunk of pavement (checked it first) and when I got back the top speed recall said 153. Just a simple run thru the gears....:D

the only mod is R55 full system and the rest is bone stock

Whats the max speed you have taken your stock busa upto? I know there are people who do all kinds of mods to make em faster but what about stock? How far did you guys push it upto? 180 mph +
rock.gif
Bone stock with good rubber 2000 year model (no top gear limiter) hit 210 on speedometer. Best guess is 188mph.
Fun.....ain't it!

I've been riding here in Germany for 2 years now and I only felt the need to check 150+ a few times. ...and I can do it legally on public roads

Not sure,but held it for a few more seconds before I ran out of road and had to let off(courtesy of that trusty little Speedo-Healer recall button:D).

SpeedRun8-13-2014002_zps55ad761b.jpg

Back