2015 HAYA's in the Hills

a few pics to add
3a_zpsbwrqno92.jpg

4a_zpsjwhiaz08.jpg

2a_zpso2qxrt0n.jpg

1a_zpsxhy8fh9g.jpg

When you went to the Zippo factory did they give you any Zippos? :cheerleader:
Did you get a tour of the factory while they were being made?

I assume that there was a history about the factory.
Is there more than 1 Zippo factory? ???

No the lighters are expensive,most start at $25...they also sell knives

Theres a small room with glass windows where they make them,no one in the room when we were there.

Yes alot of history on everything everywhere...

Only 1 factory i know of,may be more.

May have only been a few day this year for HITH but had a great time,should have been there...

No the lighters are expensive,most start at $25...they also sell knives

Theres a small room with glass windows where they make them,no one in the room when we were there.

Yes alot of history on everything everywhere...

Only 1 factory i know of,may be more.

May have only been a few day this year for HITH but had a great time,should have been there...

Thanks Jeff for the info.

I found out that you can get a Zippo for just under $17 (don't know about shipping costs)

And they are ONLY made in PA.

http://www.zippo.com/product.aspx?id=1023767

So....why is the attendance dropping every year? Something must change in order to excite interest in the members. Why are some "rallys" or get together so well attended and others are not? What is the magic ingredient that draws people to attend? Or is it endemic to busa riders? Don't scoff when I say that. Here at home I tried to organize a busa only day ride. Nope. Even though the zx14 guys had a pretty good turnout.

Now, granted, there's not a lot of busas up here compared to down in the states. But the riders themselves couldn't seem to pull it together for a day ride.

Perhaps a open and honest dialog could start and continue over the fall and winter with criticisms and suggestions for a new and fresh HIH for 2016. Some new ideas, perhaps a poll,

I DO have some ideas but I don't know if they have already been discussed or.....because I certainly can't just sit here and be an armchair quarterback without contributing. It must be disheartening for Chris who has always promoted this and put lots of time HEART and energy to this and see the abject level of disinterest in attending. And, yep, I am as much to blame as everyone else.

I know what I don't like about the rally....can I call it a rally? It's not though. But I would like to see if anyone would like to start a OPEN and HONEST discussion first before I jump in with both feet.

On the flip side, maybe everyone is happy with the way it's been going? I don't know. Maybe I am asking questions that don't need to be asked or answered.

Cheers all. I will post pics of my latest bike. Lol.....never fear...I still have my busa. ..to my grave.

who do i blame for the attendance....me and my poor planning. when i give folks 4-6 months heads up...we get a good turn out. this was last minute..

Back