3.5 Quarts Of Oil Per Manual .

c10

Registered
So this is my 2nd oil change since new . ( 3 total performed on gen II the 3rd was my brothers bike )
I did the first @ 300 miles , and this one @ 3000 miles . Someone told me the Busa could have bearing damage if run just slightly low from factory spec easily if ridden aggressive . So the 300 mile change I put in 3.75 qt , and called it a day . Now with the new lift I decided to view better in the sight glass oil amount to oil window level . Accounting for rear stand I raised the front according to match normal level conditions
sitting on its own tires . Well a little more than 3.5 say 3.6 qt just gets you in the bottom of the window right @ the Low line . While a full on 4 quarts gets you exactly @ the FULL line . I'm not impressed with how
my factory manual say 3.2 no filter , and . 3.5 with filter change .

FYI I am trying the hype Amsoil due to a dealer friend sold it to me @ half price = what I would spend on my normal oil choice . I will say the myth it shifts better ( read on this forum , and many others )
is Bull Crap ! To each their own :)

I am with superzuki, I put in 4 quarts and I filter. For most people oil brand is like their religion, no matter what anyone else says they are keeping their faith and not changing. I know there are brands that I would not put in my lawn mower, but I also think that any time you are paying 8,9,+ dollars for a quart of oil it is probably quality.

The GEN I also claims 3.5 quarts with a filter in the manual.

I always put in 4 quarts - that way there is no measuring and I'm done.

Never failed me doing that so, 4 and done is all I have to remember. :thumbsup:

4 quarts EVERY time and have had ZERO issues. Had the oil on my busa a minimum of 2x's every year since 2010

mcf_qt_350phx.jpg
Amsoil Metric? ... Interesting

I always run Amsoil MCF ... MCF = Motorcycle Formula

Last edited:
I was told that running to much oil was just as bad as too little. I typically run just below the full line on the window for general street running. I run it just above the low line at the track. Apparently more oil can increase pressures in the cases. True? I don't know but the bike feels a little happier with the oil down .2-.3 qt. I'm pretty confident anywhere between the fill line and low line is safe. Basically I put fresh oil in before the track and then change it again right after, filtering the used oil to look for metal fragments. Funny, my neighbor asked what I would do if I actually found metal in the oil, other than pass a brick! I use Mobil 1. Not sure specific brand matters but the weight and fully synthetic are critical IMHO. Usually I use about 3.3-3.5 when I change. After riding it a bit I adjust the level, usually another .2 qt or so. So far the oil level has not needed adjustment between changes. Depending on riding type I change oil every 2,500 to 3K.

i use Motul full synthetic in the gallon jug and just empty what comes out easily, don't hold it there to drain every drop...it's worked superbly for the past 100,000+ miles :beerchug:

you guys change your oil? Beginners.... Ride it until it blows up and then buy another one...psshtt....

So I have ran a few different oil types over the years in both my gen 1 and gen 2 hayabusa's. Never really saw any big difference between any of them so far. Granted I primarily ride street with mine and change the oil twice a year whether it needs it or not...full synthetic amsoil (only because my neighbors a dealer and I'm lazy, plus he delivers_I said I was lazy). This past few track days I have been changing the oil after each one as I was informed this was a good idea due to the much heavier load I am placing on the motor than usual street time...I have still felt like I am changing out perfectly good oil...anyways back to my point, I have not really seen any differences in the full synthetic oils I have used so for now I am sticking to what I get the best price on and seems to work well for my twice a year oil changes...

Good Day.

I fill it to the top line when changing. I don't go by what the manual states. I also run non syn oil in my bike. I like to change it frequently so I save a little money that way.

I usually start out with about 3.75 always change my filter, crank her up, shut her down and check sight glass. If it's close to full I'm good, close to low I add a little more.

I usually start out with about 3.75 always change my filter, crank her up, shut her down and check sight glass. If it's close to full I'm good, close to low I add a little more.

couldn't find edit. Always drain hot.

Back