???????

USMCRET2015

Registered
Hello Ladies & Gents

I have a 2004 Busa when I pull in my clutch lever nothing happens. Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to Suzuki and have them fix it? I've watched the guy on you tube drain the fluid out of his clutch with simple stuff unlike the $192 kit suzuki wants me to buy. Someone tell the you tube (Delboy) is wrong..

Please define "nothing happens". Do you not have any resistance when you pull the clutch? Have resistance but can't put it in gear? ...? There are a lot of things that could mean.

As far as draining the fluid, that's free just pull the drain plug. If your going to open the clutch may not hurt to have a new gasket on hand.

Do you know how many miles are on that clutch, and do you know how it has been treated? I am not sure I would buy a clutch kit unless I was sure I needed it.

That could sounds like the switch or just a bad connection. Just to test try bypassing the switch. There are two wires going to your lever, make a jumper and connect them together and see if it starts. If it does then it's the switch. Have you put new levers on, some of the china ones will not engage the switch if adjusted to close.

Yep, jiggle the wires a little to see if you have bad contact- it is not unheard of, especially if you have aftermarket levers. Did this just suddenly happen or has starting become difficult?

Cheap levers cause this cause of the qa person looking at finish instead of if it works. a slight lift of the tip when pulled back solves it.. till next time..lol

Back