Decisions... Any One Have Some Advice For Me

The way offset clamps help prevent wheelies is it allows you to move the rear wheel back in class racing. Yhe act of moving the front wheel itself does not make the front heavier. Moving the rear wheel back does.

You are talking about the lever when you talk about lifting the bike by the front tire. You are correct that it would be easier to lift the front of the bike by the front tire if you moved the tire another foot forward. To make it more difficult for the bike to pick up its own front tire you need to move the fulcrum which is the back tire.

Stevo, you are thinking about it wrong. Imagine it this way: You have a stick with a 5 pound weight on the end. You hold this stick straight in front of you with your arm extended. It is easier to raise quickly if you have a 3 foot stick or a 6 foot stick? The 3 foot stick of course. The force causing the stick and weight to move up is not at the weight, it is somewhat in front of your shoulder. If somone else wants to help you raise the weight it is easier for them to raise the weight at the end, pushing directly on the weight than to push up on your hand.

Well, like I said, I'm no engineer. Dennis your example makes the most sense from other people talking about how it affects the bike. Guess I'll go back to my hole now. lol

Back