How To Lower A Busa Real Low?

busakiller

Registered
hey guys I have gen 1 that iam building into a drag bike. I have looked around and cant find any real answers to how to lower my bike.

bike mods

rear lowering links
upper triple tree
side winder
12 over swingarm
12 over tail

I have the front forks dropped 2 inches above the triple tree clamp. my problem is my front fender is super close to the upper fairing. I have looked at front fender lowering brackets and grudge tires. will that get me another inch in the front. if that does what do I do with the rear? do I buy a straight link for the rea to help get it lower?

any advise or pics will be very helpful

Thanks

Look into soupys adjustable links. They should be able to get what you need and be strong enough to handle the stress.

I have adjustable rear lowering link. It is maxed out right now. If I go with a straight link do I need to get a new rear shock made and shorter then stock so it doesn't bind up. That's my question. What do I need to go lower then what iam already at? Bike is as low as it can go with the lower links and the triple tree.

If you want ridiculously low, spend some money in an aftemarket billet flat pan.

This is pretty low and with a rider weighing at 250lbs + bottoms out on bumpy roads. This pic is with a 175lb suited rider

MikeBusa2.jpg

I dont think this goes to your question but most race bikes have the frame cut and riding position well lowered.

Flat pan with a conventional exhaust wouldn't benefit
because the underside of the exhaust would still be the limiting factor and would still scrape.

Sidewinder with flat oil pan,
would allow you to go much lower.

Add to that a cut rail sub frame & after market tank to set you really low inside your Hayabusa . . .

Bradspictures2010115.jpg

I suggested the flat pan knowing that the exhaust will take the brunt of damage from a sudden slam of a nasty wheelie but the pan is next in line so the stocker would get FUBAR'd. Flat pan will allow another 2" from hitting once the header collector crushes flat.

I have a side winder on the bike right now and iam going to buy a fat oil pan very soon. but with the flat pan I have so much room to go down.

how low will the grudge tire lower my bike?

I have 3/4 front grudge fairing so I can lower.

Back