Ontario Insurance.

Craiger

Registered
Hayabusa owner's I ask this of you. I've just got my ins. renewal from TD for Busa. It's gone from $1222 to $2142. Lia. only still clean record only dif being me and Busa are older. Are other Hayabusa owners paying this much!

I have no idea about Canada, but there are stupid things going on with insurance in the U.S too.
I'm 38, married, clean driving record(no tickets in over 13 years), class A cdl, good credit, ect, ect, and my insurance quotes are ridiculous. I have no idea as to why.
My 08 Busa was around $1200 a year in 09(full coverage), and crept down to below a grand over nearly 4 years. I traded for a B-King then which was about $800 a year.
Now, I've been wanting to buy another gsxr1k for a couple years.
Even a 2012 is over $1500 a year full coverage. I just refuse to pay that, especially when the payment would be $200 a month otd on a brand new one. Been there, done that, never again.
It wouldn't be so frustrating if that's what everyone had to pay.
But I'm sick of seeing people's full coverage for $300 a year...and they a have a speeding ticket!
I have searched in vain, and held my tonque to these insurance salesmen trying to convince me their $2k a year quote is awesome.
Good luck, I wish I had the answer.
I swear I'm on some hooligan blacklist somewhere.

Hayabusa owner's I ask this of you. I've just got my ins. renewal from TD for Busa. It's gone from $1222 to $2142. Lia. only still clean record only dif being me and Busa are older. Are other Hayabusa owners paying this much!

Wow,I was paying around $540 per year for full coverage with $1,000 deductible(State Farm)on my 2011 Busa and just dropped to liability only for $92 per year(62 with clean driving record,etc.).

Ontario rate this year have doubled across the board for all bikes, even cruisers. We are getting hosed and need to get a lobby in Ottawa

I'm going to have to make a decision as to put the Busa on blocks and not ride or put the Busa on blocks and buy something smaller but fun to ride bike. I'm still waiting to see any kind of reduction in car insurance that Ottawa said was going to take place.

I'm in a small town south of Toronto and my insurance went from $1400 to $1850 last summer, so I took the bike off the road. I am 59 years old with a clean driving record! Checking for quotes this year and some my insurance says the same old story... that bike is on the bad list and no one wants to insure it?? No modifications to suspension like stretching or engine mods...or no coverage. What's up with that.. I know a lot of people in my general area and listen to the news. I hear of more Harley riders getting in accidents then Hayabusa's?? Corporate entity running our lives again...profit..profit..profit... no risks taken! all profit
I have no choice but to put the bike on the track or sell it:(

Yes it's all about profits. I'd rather ride something smaller though than nothing at all. I'm going to check out a couple of companies for quotes on Busa then decide. I'm same boat as you. 55 years old clean record small town north of Toronto.

Wow, who are you guys using? I pay 300.00 yr for full coverage with State Farm.

I remember about 12 years ago Kawasaki ( in Ontario) stepped in and formed a deal with an insurer ( sun Life) for the collision part of the policy and it was much cheaper than the market rate.

They only did that for one year, I believe. The manufacturers may have to do something similar as no one will be selling new
( sport) bikes pretty soon up here.

BB

Suzuki stopped requiring full coverage insurance over a dozen years ago(at least in the U.S), through their finance company, Sheffield(Yamaha doesn't require it now either).
Reason being, they were losing a fortune. Said so many were qualified for the loan, but couldn't afford or even get insurance.
I just can't bring myself to run liability only, with a paid for bike or not.
All it takes is one idiot with no insurance to hit you and you're out a bike, if you survive.
I just want to know why they all try to hit me in the head with their bs prices, and the next guy with tickets pays $300 to $400 a year.
State Farm won't even talk to me unless I come in to their office. That really builds my confidence in their "great rates".

Just got around to looking at my 2009 Busa renewal from TD Insurance Feb/17 to Feb/18. It's up $500. I'm now at $1346. 55 years old...tons of experience...no accidents...not tickets. Thinking to call State Farm to compare?

The insurance on my busa went up $500 this year as well. Insurance on the Harley went up $20. Nothing changed other than last year I didn't hit a deer on the bike. (Like I did the two previous years) Guess I need to go hit another deer to get my insurance back down. It makes no sense to me. I checked around and really didn't find any better deals.

Interesting, I've got a similar situation...looking at my little Honda 250 - no change - same insurance Co. Called TD Insurance Meloche Monnex - their subsidiary Security National Insurance Company. Was told most of my increase, $350 of it, came from the "Accident Benefits" section of my policy. No explanation for the big jump this year.

Go to allstate in Ontario, they are cheaper.

TD gave me a reduction in another part of my portfolio ( home) to compensate for the fact that they cannot recue the bike portion of the bill. They now have a loyalty department

BB

Back