What can a busa brotha on a budget do?

Chango

Registered
Hello fellow hayabusa brethern just wanted to know if there was a way to add more to the sound of my Gen I busa without changing out my entire exhaust. When I bought my busa it cam with a full Micron exhaust. It has a deep sound but I'm noticing it's not as loud as I would like. I'm not happy with the sound but I'm not $1000 plus unhappy with the sound. But as a complete novice I know when it comes to these things if you don't ask you don't get answers. So I was wondering is there a cheap easy way to improve on the sound without performance loss? I know it's allot to ask but hey I figure if I dont ask I'll never know. Any info will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance !

Chop it. Lot's of youtube videos on how to cut the length down on an exhaust can.

It'll get louder the more you cut off.

Sell your full micron (400-500 if the pipes aren't smashed) and trade up for something else. I loved my micron because it was a great low rumble but fairly quite at speed.

I'm noticing it's not as loud as I would like.

If you use earplugs take them out if you want it louder.
If you don't use earplugs and you make it louder get ready for hearing aids later in life.

I guess I just don't want to draw a cops attention so I have left mine stock as I don't think there is anything quieter than stock.

I actually look forward to electric motorcycles that are quiet and fast. :laugh:

But it's your bike and if you want it louder cutting the pipe down is probably the cheapest way to do what you want.

Will I loose back pressure and loose performance if I gut the can? If not how hard is that to do?

You don't want to gut the can. You want to shorten the can. Drill out the rivits cut off a few inches drill new holes then rerivit the thing back together. I am sure youtube has a video on it plus there are a few posts here on it.

Think twice before you modify your can or any part of your exhaust. If you ever do decide to swap your pipe and try to sale the micron ,,,,,mods like shortening the can or gutting the can significantly reduces the resell value and it's desirability .

Thanks for the info! I dont like the short pipe look. Im going to look at it as a long term problem and just wait until I can spring for a louder full exhaust set up. I did not realize cutting the can could affect the sound so much. Youtubed a few and I was really impressed. Guess its not completely off of the table if I can shorten it without the "shorty" look.

leave can full lenght. take the can apart and take out msot of the packing. leave just alittle in it so it dont sound like crap. you didnt mention what gen bike. if gen two you can find someone that can weld and you can cut the Cats out of the header too. i did both

drill out the rivets on both ends of the pipe. slide out the guts and unwrap as much as you want. i left just enough packing to go around one time

no change in performance i seen. i did end up getting my ecu flashed with made it the super fun and run perfect. save the money and mod your exhaust and spend it on ecu tune or power commander and tune

I have stock cans that are gutted and have a deep sound, cost $20.

See if you can buy any stock cans cheap and do the mod, save you a ton of $$.

Maybe this is silly question but can I add a "slip on" on the Micron header? Has anyone done this? My major concern is I don't want to loose power. Thinking about just drilling out the rivets and taking out the packing.

see if anyone around you has some diff pipes and give it a shot...i would be willing to bet no though.

I have a HMF Bigbird can off my turbo bike- 2 1/2 inch opening/baffle. Will be louder for sure:thumbsup:, but may affect back pressure in a neg. way????
I would think at the end of the system it would not be as big a deal, as the mid pipe is also 2 1/2 inch on the bigbird system. I would liken this to a cut down can in a sense,but am no expert on exhaust flow.
Would need an adapter at your midpipe to can at the very least.
Just throwing it out there:beerchug:
Any one else have any thoughts? Can is 16" I believe. Will probably list it in parts as was thinking of doing it anyway.
You got first dibs if interested.:thumbsup: LMK

ebay 921.jpg

ebay 911.jpg

ebay 900.jpg

ebay 914.jpg

Back