One of my old bikes

BBMykey

Donating Member
Registered
I dug up these old photos that I didn't know I still had. The Grateful Dead were asking people for artwork. I'm not too nostalgic about it because my Busa is still my dream bike come true. However I do remember dragging the kickstand once with this Kawi.

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

I had a little KZ 650 back in '78 with a Vance Hines 4 in 1 and airbox removed with velocity stacks.

I had a 3rd Generation Honda Magna that I loved. Got the Busa. I still rode her even after my Busa. I finally sold it after I was always fighting for toy space in my garage. 5 months later I got a call that she was wrecked and totaled. I was in mourning for a month or so after that. It was one of the best bikes I ever owned. Had some great memories of time spent with that bike. I was sort of pissed I cared so much.....lol.

Something I'm remembering now that I used to do with my old bikes that I never do with my Busa is giving people rides. I used to give tons of people rides. In fact people would know me and remember me years later for the rides I had given them. Two of my friends actually bought bikes in part because of the rides I took them on. Also I would say that on the vast majority of the rides the passenger didn't wear a helmet. These were just unplanned rides that I offered to people and they accepted. I wouldn't generally be carrying around a spare helmet.

Had a lot,of great old bikes, 750 honda F was a favorite...first 4 valve engines com star mags..took this one around Laguna Seca ...what a fun ride!

image.jpg

In the summer of '69....
Me and my '66 BSA Hornet. 'Factory' flat-track and TT bike. Hottest thing on the street in Bakersfield at the time. And no, I wasn't riding barefoot; just for the picture takin'.

'66BSAHornet (3).jpg

In the summer of '69....
Me and my '66 BSA Hornet. 'Factory' flat-track and TT bike. Hottest thing on the street in Bakersfield at the time. And no, I wasn't riding barefoot; just for the picture takin'.

I am not sure what it is about the I old BSA but I have always liked then. :thumbsup:

I had a '67 650 Hornet(1st bike)in'69/'70.:laugh:

My first bike, too. Got it in May '69 ($600). Sold it in June '70 ($800) when I graduated from high school. That bike is where this all started for me. The BSA was definitely a hotrod but with major reliability issues. I think I've finally found near perfection with the Busa.

Great trip down "Way Back Lane" guys. Just look at the technology differences in the machines we ride today over those beautiful bikes.

:laugh:
Something I'm remembering now that I used to do with my old bikes that I never do with my Busa is giving people rides. I used to give tons of people rides. In fact people would know me and remember me years later for the rides I had given them. Two of my friends actually bought bikes in part because of the rides I took them on. Also I would say that on the vast majority of the rides the passenger didn't wear a helmet. These were just unplanned rides that I offered to people and they accepted. I wouldn't generally be carrying around a spare helmet.

I remember that, too! I remember giving a girl a ride on the BSA. It was when I first got it and it had a 17T countershaft sprocket (8,000 RPM = 95 or so; and that was it). I ripped through the gears (all 4 of 'em) as fast as I could shift (about an 1/8 mile). And then skittered to a stop at the next stop sign. She bailed off screaming something about me being crazy....I could've cared less. I just took off through the gears again, having a great time while she walked home.
I think everybody knows better now -- bikes are fast and scary and I'm not someone who you want to hitch a ride with.:laugh:

My first bike, too. Got it in May '69 ($600). Sold it in June '70 ($800) when I graduated from high school. That bike is where this all started for me. The BSA was definitely a hotrod but with major reliability issues. I think I've finally found near perfection with the Busa.

Mine was a pain too,the dual points were always going out of whack,etc.,and if I remember right I was always blowing bulbs out of the damned thing.Had it less than a year and then bought an old '54 Panhead(I was 17).I'm thinking I paid about $600 for mine too.:laugh:That was about 12 Harleys and 3 Busas ago,and I'll probably see a few more before I'm too far over the hill.:laugh:

Back