Six Day Tour, route, dates and attendance

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Saturday June 13th
Meet at Pointe West Motel 11882 Highway 187 Eureka Springs, AR 72631, from where the tour will start.

Sunday morning, June 14th - Breakfast, load the truck and stands up at 8:00AM
Destination = Dodge City KS, 421 miles, approximately 9 hours including gas stops and lunch in Wichita KS
Hotel = Super8 Dodge City, 1708 W Wyatt Earp Blvd, W Hwy 50 Bus Rt, Dodge City, KS 67801
Dodge city has a lot of old Western history, with things to do and photo opportunities.
Route

Monday morning, June 15th
Destination = Alamosa CO, 355 miles, approximately 7 hours with a lunch stop in La Junta
Hotel = Super 8 Alamosa, 2505 W Main, Hwy 160 West End of Town, Alamosa, CO 81101-2239US
A little bit of scenic route close to the end, but the objective is to get into CO where the pretty stuff starts.
Route

Tuesday morning, June 16th
Destination = Cortez CO, via the SanJuan Mountain Skyway. Link here
340 miles, allow the whole day for site seeing stops.
Hotel = Baymont Inn and Suites,2321 East Main Street, Cortez, CO 81321.
Route

Wednesday morning, June 17th
Destination = Raton NM, this is the start of the way back via a scenic route.
334 miles, approximately 8 hours with stops.
Hotel = Americas Best Value Inn, Clayton Rd, Raton NM
Route

Thursday morning, June 18th
Destination = Wichita KS, 440 miles, 8 hours with stops.
Hotel = Days Inn & Suites, 4875 South Laura, 47th Street & Laura, Wichita, KS 67216
Lots of country riding in the middle of nowhere.
Route

Friday morning, June 19th
Back to Pointe West where we started.
276 miles, about 6 hours via a scenic route and the final dinner in Eureka springs.
Safe travels home on Saturday.
Route

General notes:

Initially I tried to start in Tennessee, but that would be 500+ miles a day which seems too much of a stretch.

I tried to keep the hotels close to $60 which includes breakfast and taxes in most cases.

Post your name as a definite below if your in, once we have enough riders, I will try and get discounts through Wyndham who manages most of the bookings.

I will update this post with names attending, so post up.

Anyone who is familiar with the routes or areas is welcome to make suggestions, but please keep it simple and practical.

:race::race::race::race::race::guitar::tongue4:

Definite: Willem (Jellyrug)

Sounds awesome, but unfortunately those dates conflict with when Omar's kids plans to come to Virginia for the summer. Hopefully this will be a trip that's done more than once :thumbsup:

Wow, that's a 2200 mile trip. Plus almost 700 each way for me to get to Eureka Springs.... I'm gonna have to think about this one. Not that I can't do it, just that I'm old. Hell, I'll be 40 by then. :banghead:

LOL, this is where the rubber meets the road. Colorado is where it is.:laugh:

Not sure we are going to be able to pull it off, looking at interest so far.

Like the idea but I can't pull that off this year. It's 18 hours each way just to and from start point for me.

Check the construction on the Million Dollar Highway (550) north of Silverton. Last year it was closed most of the day. Only time traffic was allowed through was when the construction crews were on breaks. I don't know when they were expecting to be done with it.

Going to e in Eureka Springs for the M & G the last weekend in May. No way I could get back just 2 weeks later so count me out for this time.

Back