Need advice on how to sell a crashed bike

A brand new rad is only $90 on ebay. May as well do it right.

Sounds to good to be true, as they are around $600 new.

Better ask if never been used (in factory box) or "new" like only 1000 miles and then parting out a totaled bike with no damage to the rad.

"Check it out quick, that will save a ton 'cause those things are expensive!"

Yes, yes they are...:banghead:

$90 new radiator: "Suzuki 1999 2007 Hayabusa GSX1300R GSX1300RZ Replacement Radiator New | eBay"

Pics:
20150218_200523_zpsqhbntkwv.jpg

20150218_200443_zps5e9hbrdu.jpg

20150218_200434_zpsn3zoz3fv.jpg

20150218_200636_zpseep2mzlf.jpg

20150218_200652_zpsgy9qdvvt.jpg

20150218_200725_zpsqgfvlejv.jpg

20150218_200734_zpswap6bp1x.jpg

20150218_200800_zpsqwftg0f3.jpg

20150218_200842_zps0xmcoey9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, your brother is a ****.

Are the forks straight or did they get messed up too? Based on the amount of damage I see and the frame being scratched up I would cut my losses and sell it outright. It would take a pretty adventurous person to want to rebuild that. Not saying it isn't possible.

Honestly, it's really not that bad and wouldn't take much to get back riding!

I still don't understand, if he was hit by another car (and not at fault) then the cars insurance should pay for the repair. If the car was uninsured, then YOUR uninsured motorist coverage would cover the damage/loss even with liability??

judging by the impact on the front end i would have that frame xrayed for sure. That is a total loss no doubt about it. You are deep into 2 grand for repairs at least.

Using OEM parts I'll bet over 5K to repair.

All after market maybe 2-3K ???

I agree if he (brother) wasn't at fault it should be a slam dunk to sue the driver at fault.

Don't know what state you're in and if that could make any difference.

Can you give us a little more detail on what happened at the accident scene?
Get a copy of the police report if you want to go forward. Maybe talk to a lawyer?

Maybe the brother did not have a MC license. That would put the bill on him regardless of what happened.

Not an expert, the accident is sketchy, doesn't matter.

That bikes totaled. The frame on the clutch side looks damaged and so does the swingarm. Because of the design and material it's not something to mess with. You shouldn't have a big problem getting $2500. Looks like '99 paint on the tailsection. Best of luck, glad your brother lived.

Id part it out. Even if somehow it all got fixed up I wouldn't want to sell that to another rider in good faith. Once the frame is bent its game over. Of course if someone insists on buying it I would disclose everything to them before the sale.

Correct, if it's an insurance issue....the bike is a write off based on the frame/swingarm scratches alone regardless if it's bent.

Your best bet is to just take it all apart and sell everything in pieces. You should be able to get what you want out of the engine and misc stuff alone.

Back