This "Winter"

BBMykey

Donating Member
Registered
This "Winter" I polished my forks and top tree.

DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0108.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0112.jpg

That is a very custom look you have there. Bet those bars get you sitting up for long rides.

Finally a handle bar riser that doesn't cover the stem hole. :thumbsup:

You know we want to know about that, as well as the rest of the bike.

What did you use to polish the forks?
What mirrors are those?
How much longer are the lines?

More pictures PLEASE. :please:

Finally a handle bar riser that doesn't cover the stem hole. :thumbsup:

You know we want to know about that, as well as the rest of the bike.

What did you use to polish the forks?
What mirrors are those?
How much longer are the lines?

More pictures PLEASE. :please:

Here's a few old pics.
The risers were custom made to my design (Guy overcharged me but followed my design). Triple is ABM. The handlebars were custom made to my design. (This guy overcharged me too but he did follow my design). Bars are 5"-6" inches up and 5" inches back. Windshield is 12" higher than the handlebars. Brake line is extended 3". Mirrors are Rizoma.
I'm definitely an amateur at polishing but I do put in the work until I get the results I want. Ground off the gold anodizing with an electric drill. Then hand sanded with 220/320/400/600 sandpapers. Then polished with Simichrome polish and a rag.

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0095.jpg

Thanks for the info.

Looks real good. :thumbsup:

A few more questions.

Where did you get the taller windscreen?
What kind of wheels are those?

How much were the "over priced" bars and riser setup? ???
Like I said this is the first time I have seen a setup that didn't cover the stem hole. :beerchug:
That is one of the main reasons I didn't go with the LSL or AMB setup as they do cover the hole which I use. :banghead:

The only negative I can see (IMO) is you have no rear grab bar. I think most passengers would want one on. :poke:
Also it's really hard to strap anything on if needed without something to attach too.

But overall it looks like a nice one of a kind ride. It shows that you put some time and effort into it. :thumbsup:

The riser looks to be the hardest part. As much as I hate to say it the bars look like Harleys Z bar. I also think they have a set that is more straight up like those.

My first bike was a Harley and one of my first mods was to put on Z bars. This Busa will be my last bike. So I loved coming full circle on this. It so doesn't belong and it's a kind of a poke at both Harleys and sport bikes. Harley bars are made in 1" and up diameters so I had to have this custom made. The hand angle and position are very similar to stock Hayabusa. Although it looks like something you can buy, the rise and pullback and angles and lengths are all my own. The visual I wanted was to get half the rise and pullback from the risers and half from the bars.
I paid over $400. for the bars and over $400. for the risers. I wouldn't trade them for any money. The risers were an especial hassle because the guy didn't know CAD as well as he said he did.
The windscreen is a Zero Gravity touring with an Xscreen on top. With the high bars I needed an extra high windscreen. It still sits well below eyelevel but with the angle it throws the wind over my head. The faster you go the higher above your head the windblast goes. I never tuck. I never crouch and I never look through the windscreen. I love going over 100 mph without changing my body position in any way.
I removed the grab bar to get a minimal look and to save weight. I carry things with a cargo net that fastens under the seat. For long trips I use a seat top bag that fastens under the seat plus I put the Frankenstein bolts back on.

Carrozzeria wheels. These are a huge improvement over stock wheels for handling. Changes direction much easier.

Back