Wheelie on a BUSA??!?!

Well I gotta say, all you guys sound pretty cool... Thanks for all the advice.... Ive been looking at the http://www.thetankslapper.biz/online-store/scstore/main.htm and the Double bubble windscreen. Im hopin that the tankslapper will keep the scratches off da gastank and the DB windscreen will help keep all that wind outta my face at 100mph+......
Just ride that $#@%^...

cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
bummer dood, I kinda have a simular problem, I cant seem to keep my bike from doing a wheelie, if I crack it too much in third exiting corners the wheel comes off the pavement, I am getting used to it though.
What gearing are you running twisted cuz it ain't stock if yer pullin rollons in third.......that is what yer sayin isn't it.
yea it rolls on in third, pretty much a stock busa just a pipe, getting used to it but when I flog it I,d like to have a front wheel to track with.

I WENT UP TWO TEETH ON REAR SPROCKET,
IM NOT VERY PRACTICED AT WHEELIES BUT NOW I CAN
JUST GET ON IT A BIT IN FIRST AND I WILL COME UP QUICK
HARD ON IT IN SECOND OR THIRD ANY KIND OF BUMP IN PAVEMENT AND IT STARTS TO RISE UP.
HARD CORNERS WITH WHEEL SPIN AND IT COMES UP ON POWER WHEELIE WHEN IT HOOKS BACK UP
I LIKE IT,

Well I gotta say, all you guys sound pretty cool...  Thanks for all the advice....  Ive been looking at the Tankslapper and the Double bubble windscreen.  Im hopin that the tankslapper will keep the scratches off da gastank and the DB windscreen will help keep all that wind outta my face at 100mph+......  
cool.gif
Just ride that $#@%^...
wanna real nice tank protector? check these out http://www.mag-knight.com/ $100.oo but they're worth it cuz they're durable and magnetic, so they can be removed in a flash. I have the carbon fibre look for the gixx and the bus.

Re: Wheelie on a BUSA??!?!

Hi Busa bro's... mike here, I used to be your rival but I blew up my zx12r and got me this busa. I have been working on wheelies... I dont know how the heck you get it up in 3rd, i went one down in front and I cant for the life of me pull up in second even with a hard clutch up... im sure would if I redlined it balls out and dumped it after compressing but I cant aford risking the tranny going out. Power wheelies in 2nd on my 02 seem imposibible to get anywhere near balance point... my bike has a full hindle and a pc3 map that came with the pipes. It hasw 10k miles and runs perfect, im 145 lbs 6'2". maybe my suspension is set up in a way that makes it hard.

TO say something that might be important for you fellow wheelie wanters the most important thing is taking it slow and watching your speed and tach. Clutchen up a wheelie is easy,,,, but clutching it up realloy closer to balance point and what happens after you reach balance point is like learning to ride a whole diferent vehicle... example a unicycle vs a ten speed. You want to be able to ride a 1st gear wheelie out really close to b.p before you fine your self there. The best way for newbies like me I think is a 1st gear roll on at 50 mph. Start by yankiing it somewhat close to all the way and give a little bit more as you get used to the front lightening up. I gun it at 50 and my bike will be at balance point for a split second then come down,,, some times I will have to let off just a tiny bit from keeping from going over but the rev limiter will save my ass if I freeze up. I rode wheelies on my bmx bike as a young kid all the way to school,... then on my friends 350x 3 wheeler I borrowed and could run long ones no problem. But the reason I say take it slow and get consistent with near b.p. before you have experiece there is b4 my zx12 blew up I decided to do a clutch up in 1st and before I knew it I was at balance point and I frose up.. totaly forgot all about covering the brake, forgot to let off the throttle, I rode a wheelie for a long time by total accident and it was a mirical I did not loop because I wouldnt of stopt it in time. I have been close to b.p many times without this freeze up and was ready for it...I just am one that needs a bit more time just getting in that balance point so I wont freeze up. it was the greatest feeling in the world when my bike felt like it was 2 lbs,,,, I have come to the point that I am willing to risk my new busa to get good at the wheelie,, it is my destiny, but i LOVE this bike, cant afford to fix it,,, but if I do go down, I will try and save enuf money to get another one and I will learn to wheelie on it. Before you get really determined to do wheelies on your busa,,, imagine yourself all busted up laying on the pavement, your busa in peices, you are bleeding everywhere,... think about that,,, and ask your self is it worth that to learn how to wheelie? Because it happens to more riders then it doesnt happens to before they can do it easily with confidence. Im not trying to talk you out of a wheelie, im just recomend you dont set a goal on how soon you ride one at b.p. I am very very close to that now and I have been practicing for over a year just power wheelie close to balance point. Im playing it safe as I can,,, but it will happen when I am ready and in baby steps, might be next week or another year... depends on how confident I am learning how to consistently get into b.p before keeping it at balance point. I hope nobody freezes up like I did that one time, it hasnt happened since,,, but make sure you can think strait enuf to react fast before you plan on keeping it at bp... Sorry this is so long... my first post and I have been eating sleeping and dreaming wheelies on my busa. peace out
mike

Hi Busa bro's... mike here, I used to be your rival but I blew up my zx12r and got me this busa. I have been working on wheelies... I dont know how the heck you get it up in 3rd, i went one down in front and I cant for the life of me pull up in second even with a hard clutch up... im sure would if I redlined it balls out and dumped it after compressing but I cant aford risking the tranny going out. Power wheelies in 2nd on my 02 seem imposibible to get anywhere near balance point... my bike has a full hindle and a pc3 map that came with the pipes. It hasw 10k miles and runs perfect, im 145 lbs 6'2". maybe my suspension is set up in a way that makes it hard.

TO say something that might be important for you fellow wheelie wanters the most important thing is taking it slow and watching your speed and tach. Clutchen up a wheelie is easy,,,, but clutching it up realloy closer to balance point and what happens after you reach balance point is like learning to ride a whole diferent vehicle... example a unicycle vs a ten speed. You want to be able to ride a 1st gear wheelie out really close to b.p before you fine your self there. The best way for newbies like me I think is a 1st gear roll on at 50 mph. Start by yankiing it somewhat close to all the way and give a little bit more as you get used to the front lightening up. I gun it at 50 and my bike will be at balance point for a split second then come down,,, some times I will have to let off just a tiny bit from keeping from going over but the rev limiter will save my ass if I freeze up. I rode wheelies on my bmx bike as a young kid all the way to school,... then on my friends 350x 3 wheeler I borrowed and could run long ones no problem. But the reason I say take it slow and get consistent with near b.p. before you have experiece there is b4 my zx12 blew up I decided to do a clutch up in 1st and before I knew it I was at balance point and I frose up.. totaly forgot all about covering the brake, forgot to let off the throttle, I rode a wheelie for a long time by total accident and it was a mirical I did not loop because I wouldnt of stopt it in time. I have been close to b.p many times without this freeze up and was ready for it...I just am one that needs a bit more time just getting in that balance point so I wont freeze up. it was the greatest feeling in the world when my bike felt like it was 2 lbs,,,, I have come to the point that I am willing to risk my new busa to get good at the wheelie,, it is my destiny, but i LOVE this bike, cant afford to fix it,,, but if I do go down, I will try and save enuf money to get another one and I will learn to wheelie on it. Before you get really determined to do wheelies on your busa,,, imagine yourself all busted up laying on the pavement, your busa in peices, you are bleeding everywhere,... think about that,,, and ask your self is it worth that to learn how to wheelie? Because it happens to more riders then it doesnt happens to before they can do it easily with confidence. Im not trying to talk you out of a wheelie, im just recomend you dont set a goal on how soon you ride one at b.p. I am very very close to that now and I have been practicing for over a year just power wheelie close to balance point. Im playing it safe as I can,,, but it will happen when I am ready and in baby steps, might be next week or another year... depends on how confident I am learning how to consistently get into b.p before keeping it at balance point. I hope nobody freezes up like I did that one time, it hasnt happened since,,, but make sure you can think strait enuf to react fast before you plan on keeping it at bp... Sorry this is so long... my first post and I have been eating sleeping and dreaming wheelies on my busa. peace out
mike

Patience and practice will get you there.
Don't concern yourself with the rear brake until you've mastered balance.
You also need to be relaxed, at all times, no matter what.
I can assure you that the Busa wheelies just the same as any other sportbike, and that if it's got 2 wheels...it can be ridden on one.:beerchug:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/videos/167096-official-hayabusa-org-wheelie-thread.html

O Lawd an 11 year old thread. Save your pennies I see fork seals in your future

WOW, Holy thread resurrection... I guess some things never change.. Boys will be boys!

Yea I never could figure out how to start a new thread but probably wouldnt anyway because there is always a dead one I can save... thanks for welcoming me to hayabusa org. Today I pulled up in 1st doing 30mph to 80mph... my longest one yet... I pegged it and let off a bit near b.p... then I just fed it just enuf to slowly gain speed until aprox 10k rpm... cranked it back open on the way down just before redline as she set down softly.... you wheelie pros probably remember your first few good wheelies... I know I will never forget this one. Wow,,, no words can describe that feeling when I was controling that wheelie, feeding it just enuf to keep it alive... reminds me of that sensation when I first stepped of the plain doing a free fall, weighless.... heavenly.:cheerleader:

Seated or standing?
Stand-ups are harder to loop, and safer to learn.

From the other night, wasn't actually trying to wheelie here...Was going for a rolling burny to get a good clip but my tire thought she would decide to grip with 10% tread hahah I have a GoPro clip from today of me doing wheelie practice but i can't seem to figure out how to upload it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Loved throttling the front end up on my old Gixxer 1000. Not sure I want to try it on the Busa. That's a lot of weight to drop back down on the front end and frame. :huh2:

Loved throttling the front end up on my old Gixxer 1000. Not sure I want to try it on the Busa. That's a lot of weight to drop back down on the front end and frame. :huh2:

That's why you learn to set it down easy, instead of just dropping it. Makes a big difference.
Fork seals will last A lot longer.:beerchug:

Back