My new dream Busa with new mods, review, and pics

TRALL

Registered
Here is my new dream bike, I always wanted a Gen 2 white busa. I traded my 2000 Busa in on a 2011 White with 800 miles range. The dealer gave me 4k trade in and new 2011 for $10,250 with lots of powder coated parts and tobin seat.

Here are my new mods-

DDM 35w Low beam and DDM 55w High beam in the 4300 light range. A great white color. Thanks Blanca Busaless :bowdown: for his forum write up.

I installed a 3/4 Genmar rise and Helibars for comfort.

I just finished installing Hyper Lites rear brake and turn signals lights. They are super bright LED's and when brakes applied the Hypes Lites flash and four times then stay steady until brakes applied again. Great for telling people behind you on what your doing and having them see ya.

Back off XP brake light modulator, again safety and flashes 4 times and stays steady when brakes are applied.

Another Hyper Lites product - front super bright White running lights. Check pics. Way Cool and comes with toggle switch for manual on/off. Check pic with red light on cluster area. That's the toggle. Mounts with double sided tape. These lights just look fantastic on bike. You can order the brackets to mount with double sided tape to the forks. the lights and brackets come with the double sided tape pre installed.

I have the Nelson Riggs saddle bags and magnetic tank bag. Look great.

Instead of a tank sticker/pad , I went with the magnetic motorcycle fanny pack made by Dakota Bags for zipper and buckle protection. Great item. I know fanny packs:laugh: but fit that area of the bike just right and has belt loops on it to place on your belt. Just place it of your side and not in front.:laugh:

Brake Away Cruise. Works perfect and super high quality product.

I did the kick stand mod with a twist. I grinded off that little welded boot peg and drilled a small hole for my new Kitchen cabinet knob from Menards. I owned four busa's now and always hated that little boot peg. Cabinet know much larger and not in the way and works so much better.:clap:

Take Care,
Anthony (TRALL)

BUSA11 SIDE.JPG

BUSA11 LIGHTS 2.JPG

BUSA11 REAR.JPG

BUSA11 CLUSTER.JPG

BUSA11 FRONT LIGHTS.JPG

BUSA11 TANK.JPG

busa11 kick.JPG

busa11 kick1.JPG

Nice job. Looks great.

Just so we have it right, you got 4k for your 2000 and therefore only paid $6250 out the door?
How many miles were on the Busa you traded? Any extras?

You said you did the kick stand mod - so you ground out an area to let it swing forward more too?
Did you drill and tap the kickstand or use a nut on the back side?

The lights flash 4 times, right? Then you added a Back off, and they flash 4 times - so is that 8 times altogether?

JMO the only thing I'm not wild about on the Gen II's is the over sized exhaust Your bags cover it up some,
or at least make them less noticeable. Never minded the pipes on the Gen I - guess that's why I haven't changed mine, yet.

Looks like all you need now is a Givi type case. That is the best thing I did so that I don't have to carry
my riding gear in to every place I go.

Now get out and ride so we can see some pictures of it NOT in your garage. :rofl:

Nice job. Looks great.

Just so we have it right, you got 4k for your 2000 and therefore only paid $6250 out the door?
How many miles were on the Busa you traded? Any extras?

Yea, it had 31k miles but mint and maintained. They started lowballing with $3200 and I said my lowest of lows for me was 4k. They called me back a 1/2 hour later and agreed to the deal. The $10,250 did not include the IL tax. Just the bike deal. The Suzuki Dealer in Carol Stream, IL have it for sale right now on Ebay and at the Dealer. On the dealer website they are aiming high with a $5900 asking price. Ebay they don't have a price but a reserve. The extras was helibars, genmars riser, yosh dual slip ons, a bagster tank cover with two tank bags.

You said you did the kick stand mod - so you ground out an area to let it swing forward more too? Yes
Did you drill and tap the kickstand or use a nut on the back side? I just used a small nut and lick washer and blue thread locker.

The lights flash 4 times, right? Then you added a Back off, and they flash 4 times - so is that 8 times altogether? There more in unison between the Hyper lights and factory brake light. 4 each then goes steady. Reapply brake again to make it cycle again.

JMO the only thing I'm not wild about on the Gen II's is the over sized exhaust Your bags cover it up some,
or at least make them less noticeable. Never minded the pipes on the Gen I - guess that's why I haven't changed mine, yet. I have some Jardine slip ons to install, just waiting on my midpipes to be ceramic coated black before I can install. The factory are to big and to quite for my taste.

Looks like all you need now is a Givi type case. That is the best thing I did so that I don't have to carry
my riding gear in to every place I go. I did that setup with my black 09 Busa I had see old pic but that's out of my budget for now. Thanks

Now get out and ride so we can see some pictures of it NOT in your garage. :rofl:
Oh yeahhhhh

Very nice, love all the lights up front...thats a lot of bright lights to see at night...

Back