How I came to own two Hayabusas, The Superbyke

I love it... so how did you shed the 30-40 lbs? I would imagine the plastics dont weigh that much... so was it mainly in the exhaust?

I love it... so how did you shed the 30-40 lbs? I would imagine the plastics dont weigh that much... so was it mainly in the exhaust?

Now that's a question that's fun and easy to answer! I'll just list stuff that comes to mind....CZ wheels from stock ones, Braking rotors from stockers, tiny dual headlights from....have you ever held up the entire front nose portion of a Gen I fairing, lights included?, Virtual featherweight 4 into 1 exhaust from Dual OEM exhaust system, Hotbodies undertail from all rear lights, fender underbody, 4 K&N's from stock airbox, snorkels, velocity stacks, misc hoses, bypass and no oil cooler from OEM oilcooler and plumbing. There's also a bunch of little stuff (carbon fiber front fender, tabs removed from frame, fairing brackets, etc.). Does that kind of explain it? It just all adds up! Doyle BTW, with NO oil cooler, the bike actually runs cooler because of unrestricted airflow on a "naked".

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

BTW, with NO oil cooler, the bike actually runs cooler because of unrestricted airflow on a "naked".

Do you know what the oil temp is under running various condtitions? It seems a little strange that you wouldn't have cooler oil temps with an oil cooler in place as compared to no oil cooler at all.

I would imagine the airflow management exercise by Suzuki while developing this bike would have produced a level of efficiency that would be hard to beat without an oil cooler in place.

Just curious more than anything... I like your mods and would love to ride it just to experience the weight savings.

Do you know what the oil temp is under running various condtitions? It seems a little strange that you wouldn't have cooler oil temps with an oil cooler in place as compared to no oil cooler at all.

I would imagine the airflow management exercise by Suzuki while developing this bike would have produced a level of efficiency that would be hard to beat without an oil cooler in place.

Just curious more than anything... I like your mods and would love to ride it just to experience the weight savings.

It's a good question, you just have to realize that the oil cooler is simply a divice that exposes the oil to that airflow you refer to. That, however, is but a small part of the engine's ability to run in an acceptable temp range. The truth is, heat bleeds outward from every internal friction point and therefore all exposed parts of a running engine are, in effect, an "oil cooler", including the actual cooling system/radiator. When the Hayabusa runs along at speed and is without any airflow restrictions (read naked), the whole motor is an oil cooler. Secondly, when that much airflow slams into an unfaired motor and sweeps the bleeding heat away, it would probably take two oil coolers, the size of the radiator, to equal that cooling effect. My heat guage needle runs about 1/16th of an inch toward "cooler" compared to the way it ran with the fairing and stock oil cooler. I know I'm not supplying you with an oil temp comparative data sheet but I'm comfortable with both my practical experience and info from qualified others.

Although what I describe is accurate in my experiences, it is all moot now since the bike has become a turbo Busa with a giant intercooler and radiator, should really run cool now if I can stay off that addictive boost! Doyle

GTA18, good call, wait till you see the latest release of this bike...turbo motor, all powdercoated or annodized black, and a GIXXER 1000 tail. Stay tuned, it's about 2 weeks away! Doyle

GTA18, good call, wait till you see the latest release of this bike...turbo motor, all powdercoated or annodized black, and a GIXXER 1000 tail. Stay tuned, it's about 2 weeks away! Doyle

I can't wait too see it. I thought that was all it needed to take it to the next level.

looking sweet ray.
i came to own a busa 2000 with a 2006 implant 1300 it has been a challenge it is garaged more than driven but when running it is sickk my last bike new was a 1991 fj 1200 no where near what this busa is yours caught my eye mine is completly gloss black power com 4 but running into issues the wire harness is ?? It has a after market throttle body an has voo doo tips love the bike but is driving me nuts hooked up a new undertail no brake lights all others worked hit the groung on the power which fused the 15 a together and bike was dead now have it running with no gauges or back lights 804.00 for a wire harness but i think i may be able th jump a new mini fuse box into the innitial fuse box any direction will be great you bike is sweet

Back