New Busa Cruiser

Dakkine2

Donating Member
Registered
Just a follow up to my "Second Bike" thread. Picked up my new M109 today. Couldn't be happier. Well I guess the weather could cooperate and I could be riding. Sky Powersports of Lakeland, FL had outstanding service and the price was great too. Big thanks to Joe and Chris :thumbsup:

20140417_132906.jpg

20140417_193733.jpg

Don't take this thw wrong way because I had a 109 and they are GREAT overall. Looks attitude, edge and power. But they have quirks. Be careful doing burnouts. They are prone to 2nd gear failures. I never had any problems with mine. When I had mine, I started looking at the pattern of failures. It seems all the guys braking 2nd are the ones doing the burnouts.

Oh and loosen the clutch cable out a tiny bit. Suzuki for some reason makes them have "ZERO" loose and the clutch is never left out of tension. That causes a hard 1st to 2nd gear shifting.

Your first oil change is gonna be fun.

Oh man, please don't remind me about the oil changes! :banghead:

Makes the Gen2 busa seem like a breeze.

Don't take this thw wrong way because I had a 109 and they are GREAT overall. Looks attitude, edge and power. But they have quirks. Be careful doing burnouts. They are prone to 2nd gear failures. I never had any problems with mine. When I had mine, I started looking at the pattern of failures. It seems all the guys braking 2nd are the ones doing the burnouts.

Oh and loosen the clutch cable out a tiny bit. Suzuki for some reason makes them have "ZERO" loose and the clutch is never left out of tension. That causes a hard 1st to 2nd gear shifting.

Your first oil change is gonna be fun.
Thanks for the heads up. :beerchug: Clutch cable is already adjusted with a little play. And I've read all about the oil change issues and I'm really not too concerned. I've changed enough oil in my life that I think I can make it happen without it puking. We shall see. :please:

Just pay super close attention to the times for the oil change. I can't remember what they were, but you had to run it, let it sit, then check it, or something. VERY much of a pain in the ass. You have like a 10 second window for checking oil level LOL

That and it has like 2 oil pans. You have to drain one, then put the bike at a different angle and drain the second one. 2 drain plugs. Hold your mouth right, Rotate your body in an eastward circle until a crow lands on the hood of your car.

Then in 12 seconds you have to check the level before re-starting it.

Says so right in the Manual.....:sarcasm:

That looks very nice! Congratulations....now you have to decide which bike to ride!

Nice bike

but I feel a little cheated as I was expecting to get see a Busa powered cruiser :poke:

:laugh:

Back